| Showing Results 2741 to 2746 of 2746
- Josh Stewart has been chosen as the Hospital's Employee of the Quarter for the second quarter of 2010.
- Kent Animal Shelter of Calverton announces “Pause for Paws” to address the down economy and growing need of homeless and abused animals.
- Atlantis Marine World welcomes Philippe Cousteau, at Shark Week Live!
by Nicole B. Brewer
- July's record high temperatures helped fuel the solar-powered stage in Mattituck for the second annual East End Green Fest helmed by Syd and Deborah Dufton and their family of volunteers.
- The Jewish Center of the Hamptons will be hosting several events this August.
- Astronomer, Montauk Observatory Board Member, and professor of Astronomy, Tom Madigan will take all those in attendance on a memorable tour of the Summer Sky.
- The Park Avenue Potluck "Celebrations" Book Signing and ‘Kids Kick In' Lemonade Stand took place on Shelter Island.
- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, will celebrate the opening of its newest store in Southampton located at 191 West Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays.
by Douglas MacKaye Harrington
- “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer visited Quogue last Sunday and this stock savant for the common man was, if you will excuse the cliché, treated like royalty.
- Suffolk Executive Steve Levy denounced an up to 75 percent restriction on lobster catches proposed by the Atlantic State Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC).
- The New York State Consumer Protection Board (CPB) is alerting consumers to new options that are available regarding overdrafts charges for transactions made with debit and ATM cards.
- Councilman Jim Wooten seeks proposals to privatize Riverhad Town Animal Shelter stating that the Town of Riverhead's Animal Shelter could, “Provide humane and compassionate care in a more economical way."
- "Ensuring a safe food supply is our top priority here at the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets."
- New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker announced that effective January 1, 2011 the State will no longer be involved in the licensing of dogs.
- The New York State Consumer Protection Board (CPB) hails the enactment of an update to the State's Do Not Call telemarketing law that address new practices which "game the system."
- Representatives from the Southampton Town Council, Sag Harbor Historical Society, and Foster family reunited to rededicate “Long Beach."
by Eileen Casey
- The stormy weather this week resulting in high winds and rain created havoc for many East Enders.
- To mark the 75th anniversary of the Social Security Program, the New York State Consumer Protection Board (CPB) is reminding consumers of the importance of safeguarding their Social Security number.
- Senator Kenneth P. LaValle honored Good Samaritans Alexander Rabinovich, Eftimia Tsapouris, and Biruta Krilova, all from Wading River, with the New York State Senate Liberty Award.
- Honor Flight Long Island is proud to announce that its next flight, on Saturday, September 25, will carry its 500th Long Island Veteran to the WWII Memorial in Washington, DC.