| Showing Results 2521 to 2523 of 2523
- Max and Cecil, two resident harbor seals at Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, both are celebrating a milestone in April.
- Peconic Bay Medical Center's Auxiliary recently presented a $300,000 check to Andrew Mitchell, Peconic Bay's President and CEO.
- In recognition of National Crime Victims' Rights Week last week, the Assembly passed several measures to help crime victims and their families rebuild their lives in the wake of the devastation caused by crime.
- The Retreat is pleased to announce the new location of the Retreat Boutique, now located in the Bridgehampton Commons.
- Mother's Day is a special occasion to celebrate the women in our life who take time to care for us, including Fresh Air moms! Each summer, many mothers in Eastern Suffolk County take on the role of Fresh Air mom.
- WordHampton Public Relations Inc. announced the receipt of two Folio Awards for social media campaigns.
- Southampton Town Councilman Jim Malone lent a hand to the Hampton Bays Junior Varsity Softball Team during the Great East End Clean-Up.
- Linda Kraus, RN, a nurse at Eastern Long Island Hospital is the 25th recipient of the Laura Goodale award.
- The Bridgehampton Child Care and Recreational Center series Straight Talk: Real People will present Kurt Leggard as the guest on May 20.
- On Saturday, May 8, Cory A. Mercurio, 20, of Hampton Bays was arrested. Police arrested Mercurio after setting up surveillance and using a decoy vehicle at Cryder Lane Beach where Mercurio smashed out the window of a vehicle and stole the contents from within.
- Approximately 550 Southampton Town residents participated in the Great East End Clean-Up.
- Sunday was a big day for the new African penguin chick at Atlantis Marine World Aquarium
- The State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) announced that 500,000 of New York's neediest households will receive additional federal funding to assist in meeting their current energy costs.
- Ann Liguori accepts International Network of Golf's Chi Chi Rodriguez Humanitarian Award.
- In recognition of Nurses' Week, Southampton Hospital hosted a special luncheon and award ceremony on Tuesday, May 11 at the Hospital.
- State and local officials, law enforcement agencies, and the Long Island Youth Safety Coalition will participate in a day of training programs.
- The Southampton Town Police report the arrest of Christina C. Kelly age 34 of Sag Harbor for Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated.
- Bridgeport-based WPKN and Long Island-based Hamptons Community Radio Corp. announced that they have come to terms on an agreement.
- The Ross School will host Tennis Family Day on Saturday, May 29 to benefit the Ross School Scholarship and Athletic programs.
by Patti Birks
- Editor's Note: In anticipation of Memorial Day, a local resident takes a look back at her multi-generational family and their arrival in Southampton and history in the area.