Riverhead's Spirit's Promise Equine Rescue has announced that they will host a Virtual Support Group and Farm Animal and Nature Classroom via Zoom on Wednesdays. The series launched on Wednesday, April 22.
"We understand that our community is struggling right now and it can be very difficult when you feel alone and isolated," said Marisa Striano, Life Coach
and Founder of Spirit's Promise Rescue Equine. "Animals and speaking with someone can help and we're here for you."
Every Wednesday from 11 to 11:50 a.m. adults can take part in the Virtual Support Group, while kids can join the Farm Animal and Nature Virtual Classroom from 12 to 12:30 P.M. Children will virtually visit with the farm animals and learn about their traits and care. Both programs are free and will be hosted by Striano.
Additionally, on #GivingTuesdayNow (givingtuesday.org
), a worldwide day of giving and solidarity that will be held on Tuesday, May 5, Spirit's Promise Rescue will be launching their "Hay for Horses Mobile Food Pantry" as part of their Equine For All Initiative. #GivingTuesdayNow was established in response to the heightened need COVID-19 has created.
Through the "Hay for Horses Mobile Food Pantry," Long Island-based private horse owners and horse organizations that have fallen on hard times may book a time to pick up complimentary hay at Tanger Outlets Riverhead on Tuesday, May 5 from 12 to 3 p.m. Appointments may be made at www.spiritspromiserescue.org
Spirit's Promise Rescue is also hosting a "10 Acts of Kindness" social media
campaign on Tuesday, May 5 that encourages followers to:
"1. Support Local & Shop Local - Support your local business community by ordering curbside pickup or order online from your favorite local store!
2. Start a Home Garden - Need help getting started? Stop by our farm for free " Manure Festivizer" from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Online reservation required to ensure proper social distancing mandates).
3. Play Together & Laugh Together - Host a family game night with traditional games like Uno or Mario Kart on your Nintendo
4. Stay Active Together - Join our Virtual Country Line Dancing with Deanna on Facebook Live from 7:30 to 9 p.m. (www.spiritspromiserescue.org
5. Explore Together: (Seniors Only) Meet the "senior" animal residents of Spirit's Promise for a close virtual tour for seniors from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
6. Be Creative Together: Build the barn of your dreams using supplies from home and inspire us by sharing online.
7. Creative Art - Print out our special Spirit's Promise coloring page from our website.
8. Show Your Gratitude - Say 'Thank You' and say it a lot.
9. Feed the Frontline Together: Spirit's Promise and our volunteers will be purchasing meals from local restaurants such as A Mano and Love Lane Kitchen
to donate to Peconic Bay Medical Center
Northwell Health essential staff. Please enjoy a family style meal from all of us.
10. Hay for Horses Mobile Food Pantry @ Tanger Outlets Riverhead 12pm - 3pm (Online reservation required to ensure proper social distancing mandates)."
Spirit's Promise Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation's mission is to rescue horses who have been abused, neglected, or unwanted. When these beautiful animals arrive, the Center gives them a new educational and recuperative purpose. In return, they repay us with love, sensitivity, and an innate spirituality unique to the species.
To learn more about Spirit's Promise Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation, visit www.spiritspromiserescue.org. If you're interested in joining the virtual sessions, visit spiritspromiserescue.z2systems.com.
Sydney Braat is a Hamptons-raised and NYC-living journalist. She enjoys splitting her time between the bustling city life and relaxing atmosphere of the Hamptons. When she's not writing, Sydney is traveling. She thrives off of new experiences, cultures, cuisine, and languages. Sydney writes about the arts, philanthropy, food & wine, and shopping.