ProHEALTH has opened a drive-thru Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing facility in Riverhead, Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr
. announced on March 30. Testing, which is by appointment only, will take place Monday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Riverhead facility is open to all, not just ProHEALTH Primary Care patients.
"After hearing from countless constituents and advocating for a drive-thru testing facility further east in NY-1, I am happy to report that an East End testing site is now open in Riverhead," Congressman Lee Zeldin
stated. "This testing site is desperately needed for those who call the East End home. This critical service, in a more convenient location for East End residents, will provide vital testing to the forks."
Currently, the Protocol
for Testing include:
• An individual has come within proximate contact (same classroom, office, or gatherings) of another person known to be positive; or
• An individual has traveled to a country that the CDC has issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Travel Health Notice, and shows symptoms of illness; or
• An individual is quarantined (mandatory or precautionary) and has shown symptoms of COVID-19 illness; or
• An individual is symptomatic and has not tested positive for any other infection; or
• Other cases where the facts and circumstances warrant as determined by the treating clinician in consultation with state and local department of health officials.
Individuals suffering from COVID-19 symptoms that would like to make an appointment at the Riverhead drive-thru testing facility should contact the ProHEALTH hotline at 1-516-874-0411.
In addition to the Riverhead location, ProHEALTH also has drive-thru sites at the ProHEALTH Campus - Lake Success, ProHEALTH Urgent Care of Jericho, and ProHEALTH Urgent Care of Little Neck. Those locations are exclusively for ProHEALTH Primary Care patients.
As of March 30, there are 66,497 confirmed cases in New York State, with 5,791 in Suffolk County.
"The single most important thing we can do to combat and contain the novel Coronavirus is test for it," Governor Andrew Cuomo
The Riverhead facility is located at 1149 Old Country Road in Riverhead. For more information, visit www.prohealthcare.com
This marks the second drive-thru Coronavirus testing site in Suffolk County. Earlier this month Stony Brook University
began drive-through testing at Stony Brook University's South P Lot off Stony Brook Road. Testing is by appointment only and the site is open seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. To speak with a medical expert about being tested, contact the New York State Department of Health (DOH) at 888-364-3065.
For additional information about the Coronavirus, visit coronavirus.health.ny.gov
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com