- Rock icon, Joe Cocker will perform at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
on Sunday, July 5 at 8:30 p.m.
A true rock legend, Joe Cocker possesses one of the world's most instantly recognizable voices. His hits include "You Are So Beautiful," "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window," "With A Little Help From My Friends," "Feelin' Alright," "Darling Be Home Soon," "Unchain My Heart," and the hit duet, "Up Where We Belong." It is a rare occurrence to get to see an artist of this stature in such an intimate space - don't miss the chance to get up close and personal with this rock icon!
More About Joe Cocker
• Joe Cocker was born John Robert Cocker in Sheffield, England and is known informally as "The Sheffield Steel." He currently lives on a ranch in Colorado.
• Cocker's first experience singing in public was at age 12 when his older brother Victor invited him on stage to sing during one of his jug band gigs. In 1960, Cocker formed his first band, The Cavaliers.
• In 1961, Cocker was working as an apprentice gas fitter, by day. But by night, clad in a dark suit and bow tie, Cocker became Vance Arnold singing with The Avengers
in local pubs. He'd perform songs like "What'd I Say" by Ray Charles and "Georgia On My Mind." Vance Arnold and the Avengers' biggest moment came in 1963 when they supported The Rolling Stones
at Sheffield City Hall, and brought the house down.
• Joe Cocker broke into the U.S. market after his first U.S. television performance on the Ed Sullivan
Show in 1969. The press hailed his performance and the following summer, Cocker played to half a million people at the historic Woodstock rock festival in New York.
• Joe Cocker is the recipient of several awards, including a 1983 Grammy Award for "Up Where We Belong," his duet with Jennifer Warnes and theme song from the movie "An Officer and a Gentleman
." In 2007, Cocker's "services to music" were officially recognized when he received the honor of Officer of the Order of the British Empire.
Sponsored by Donna and Marvin Schwartz. Media Sponsor: WEHM
and Hamptons Magazine WBAZ
. Tickets are $250, $200, and $175. Box Office: 631-288-1500. Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center is located at 76 Main Street, Westhampton Beach, NY 11978. Hours are seven days a week, 12 noon to 8 p.m. and later on show nights. For more information go to www.whbpac.org
For more information on Joe Cocker visit www. www.cocker.com.