Hamptons | Hamptons.com | | | Seventh Annual East Hampton Antique Show Benefiting East Hampton Historical Society
Hamptons.com Logo


Seventh Annual East Hampton Antique Show Benefiting East Hampton Historical Society

Colleen Maidhof

Barbara Feildmen, Dawn Newey, Katy Pley, and Alice Leblanc. (Photo: Colleen Maidhof)

The Seventh Annual East Hampton Antique Show was held Friday, July 19 through Sunday, July 21 at the Mulford Farm in East Hampton. The three day show benefited the East Hampton Historical Society and this year's honorary chair was Steven Gambriel. Benefit committee co-chairs included Debbie Druker, Hollis Forbes, Jill Lasersohn, Joseph Aversana, Mike Clifford, Dorian Fuhrman, Doris Meister, Jackie Mitchell, and Chip Rae.

The Antique Show that was nothing but extravagant, consisted of approximately 56 dealers that stretched across the farm. Antique art, sculptures, collectables, furniture, and fine jewelry from around the world attracted families from all over Long Island as well as local Hamptons residents who love and support the East Hampton Historical Society and what it stands for.

Not only did the show encompass a huge selection of antiques, it also offered a relaxing environment at the Mulford Farm for families and art lovers to enjoy. Live Jazz music, wine from Channing Daughters Winery, food, and the scenery of the historic grounds set a friendly mood.

Executive Director of the East Hampton Historical Society Richard Barons was excited for opening night of the 7th Annual East Hampton Antique Show and was pleased with the amount of people that showed their support.

Barons said, "This is a positive gathering with thousands of antiques, decoys, and paintings for everyone to enjoy." He continued, "This exciting and important event for the society that earns about $100,000 to benefit school programs of nearly 5,000 students that couldn't be done without our supporters, sponsors, donors, and board of trustees."

He noted the museums exemplify the history of the East End of Long Island, and the East Hampton Ralph Lauren took notice. They partnered up in the restoration process of the farm, and the East Hampton Historical Society Collection was available to purchase during the antique show. For those who missed the antiques show, the collection is now available at the East Hampton location (45 Main Street, 631- 907-9120, www.ralphlauren.com) and 100 percent of the proceeds are to benefit the restoration of the historic museum.

The East Hampton Historical Society plays an integral role of maintaining and preserving the Museum's structural integrity as well as maintaining a collection of over 10,000 artifacts and interpreting area's history through living programs, workshops, and exhibitions. The Society is custodian of six museums including the Mulford Farm Museum (1680), Town House Museum (1770), Osborn-Jackson House Museum (1720), Clinton Academy Museum (1784), Hook School House Museum (1784), and the East Hampton Town Marine Museum which are all historic monuments of the East End of Long Island.

The East Hampton Historical Society is located at 101 Main Street in East Hampton. For more information call 631-324-6850 or visit www.easthamptonhistory.org.





Added: July 24, 2013, 11:23 am
www.hamptons.com/Out-And-About/Within-The-Hedges/18537/Seventh-Annual-East-Hampton-Antique-Show.html
Appeared In: out and about >> within the hedges