Celebrated clarinetist Richard Stotzman will perform.
- Artistic Director Michael Guttman
is proud to announce the 14th season of The Music Festival of the Hamptons, slated to begin July 10 and run through July 24, featuring a series of concerts in the area. The "exciting and adventurous season," according to Guttman, will include performances at Old Whalers Church
in Sag Harbor and Wolffer Estate Vineyards
in Sagaponack, among other local venues.
The festival, an incorporated not-for-profit organization, is dedicated to the memory and inspiration of the legendary pianist, Benno Moiseiwitsch
, great uncle of the festival's president and founder, Eleanor Sage Leonard
. Leonard credits him with her love of music and her desire to spark that same love and respect for music in others by organizing these superb concerts in the Hamptons.
The Opening Gala set for Friday, July 10 at 6 p.m. at the Old Whalers Church in Sag Harbor, featuring a cocktail buffet followed by a performance of the Brussels Chamber Orchestra at 8 p.m. Celebrated clarinetist Richard Stotzman
joins the orchestra under the direction of Guttman in an adventurous program including Vivaldi, Mendelsohnn, Mozart
and other compositions.
Tickets are available for the concert at $50 and entry to both the concert and cocktail buffet is $200. A silent auction will also be held. Should you choose to attend the concert and buffet and secure a season pass to all future performances, festival organizers have a special ticket package at $600.
• Sunday, July 12 at 11 a.m. - Family Concert Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" - Michael Guttman, conductor. Program: Four Seasons - for all the beauty of nature and the power of music come together in Vivaldi's at the idyllic setting of Wölffer Estate Vineyards, Sagaponack; $35 with Light Lunch, $25 Concert only.
• Sunday, July 12 at 7:30 p.m. - Brussels Chamber Orchestra Bach
F Minor Piano Concerto - Michael Guttman, conductor Roger Wright, piano Program: Bach, Piazzola, Martinu Old Whalers Church, Sag Harbor, $35 Reserved, $25 Unreserved
The festival is dedicated to the memory and inspiration of the legendary pianist, Benno Moiseiwitsch. Image courtesy of Google Images
• Monday, July 13 at 8 p.m. - Moiseiwitsch Piano Recital Series Matei Varga, piano Program: Bach, Schubert, Grieg Sonata, Enesco Sonata, Solo by Foss Wölffer Estate Vineyards, Sagaponack, $35 Reserved, $25 Unreserved, $20 Seniors.
• Tuesday, July 14 at 8 p.m. - Moiseiwitsch Piano Recital Series William Hobbs, piano Program: Debussy, Rachmaninov, Liebermann, Chopin
, Liszt Wölffer Estate Vineyards, Sagaponack, $35 Reserved, $25 Unreserved, AARP Free.
• Wednesday, July 15 at 8 p.m. - East End Composers Stephen Dickman, coordinator Roman Roth
, tenor Konstantin Soukhovetski, piano Theresa Salomon, violin Program: Lukas Foss, Wolosoff, Dickman Wölffer Estate Vineyards, Sagaponack, $35 Reserved, $25 Unreserved, $20 Seniors.
• Thursday, July 16 at 4 p.m. - Lecture Series Enjoy a lecture and music followed by Tea. The Studio of Hans Van de Bovenkamp, Sag Harbor, $35 Lecture and Afternoon Tea, $25 Seniors - Lecture Only.
• Thursday, July 16 at 8 p.m. - Amernet Quartet Misha Vitenson, violin Marcia Littley, violin Michael Klotz, viola Javier Arias, cello featuring Mark Peskanov, viola Program: Haydn, Mendelssohn, Foss Old Whalers Church, Sag Harbor, $35 Reserved, $25 Unreserved, $20 Seniors.
• Friday, July 17 at 8 p.m. - Amernet Quartet Misha Vitenson, violin Marcia Littley, violin Michael Klotz, viola Javier Arias, cello featuring Alexander Fiterstein, clarinet Program: Turina, Mozart, Tchaikovsky
Wölffer Estate Vineyards, Sagaponack , $35 reserved, $25 unreserved.
• Saturday, July 18 at 4 p.m. - Young Peoples Concert Drew Petersen, piano Hannah Haeseung Ji, violin Program: Brahms, Franck, Foss The Studio of Hans Van de Bovenkamp, Sag Harbor, $10 Adults, $5 Children.
• Sunday, July 19 at 7:30 p.m. - Closing Gala Dessert Buffet An Evening of Jazz Honoring the Memory of Christian Wölffer, Richard Stoltzman, clarinet Peter John Stoltzman, piano Program: Cole Porter
, and Brubeck Old Whalers Church, Sag Harbor, $100 Concert and Dessert, Buffet $50 Concert Only.
• Friday, July 24 at 5:30 p.m. - Post Series Concert the Gorgeous colors of Flute and Harp Sato Moughalian, flute Bridget Kibbey, harp Program: Debussy, Ravel, Carter Longhouse Reserve
, East Hampton, $10 per person, free admission for card holding VIP and Season Pass Members
Additionally, The Festival offers the following special ticket packages and prices: VIP pass - reserved seating to all 11 concerts and galas - $950 season pass, unreserved seating to all 11 concerts and galas - $750.