On The Scene
- Those wonderfully creative folks at Hayground School sure know how to make the connection between food, art and education as the now annual Great Chefs Dinner once again proved on Sunday, Aug. 9.
For The Cause
- The 2009 Great Chefs Dinner brings together the top culinary names of the East End to celebrate and honor the legacy of Jeff Salaway, a widely respected and beloved restaurateur and one of the Hayground School's co-founders.
- Ladies shop at Shecky's trunk show; Beth Ostrosky-Stern and Justin Mitchell host fashion show to benefit animals; trunk show for vintage clothing held by JBM; and London Jewelers throws a bash to unveil the new Montauk Highway collection.
Within The Hedges
- The PalmCares Brunch to benefit Dress for Success was lovely. CTREE held a cocktail gathering at the Silas Marder Gallery. A “Taste of Polo” by the folks from Evian at a private estate in Water Mill had a fabulous polo match. Shecky's Girls Day out was full of deals. Alexa Ray Joel rocked Sag Harbor. Manhattan Motorcars of the Hamptons held an end-of-summer bash.
- One week left! That’s right folks, we only have to wait a little bit longer for everything to officially open for the season. I’m waiting to hear back from various clubs to see what they will have in store for us this summer.