East End announced exciting changes ahead for its third-annual event. Edible East End
magazine has signed on to be presenting media sponsor of the 2012 event, which will take place Saturday, August 25, at the grounds of the venerable Hampton Classic Horse Show
"Edible East End is the perfect partner for Harvest East End," said event chair Roman Roth
. "The magazine celebrates local, seasonal wine and food, and the people who produce them, in the same way that Harvest does - in a thoughtful, elegant venue. Edible publishers Brian Halweil
and Stephen Munshin
have been supportive of Harvest from the event's inception, and we are delighted that they will take on a larger role.
"We're also excited to partner with the longest running, and most highly anticipated event on Long Island," Roth said of the 37th annual Hampton Classic
, the largest equestrian show on the East Coast. "The audiences for our two events are quite compatible. Both draw a well-heeled crowd interested in elegant wines, fine food and the beauty and bounty of the East End.
"Having Harvest at the Hampton Classic enables us to accommodate a larger crowd, more East End wineries and more talented regional chefs," added Roth, who also is Executive Vice President of Merliance, the alliance of Long Island producers of quality merlot and merlot-based blends, and Vice President of the Long Island Wine Council, which is co-organizer of the event.
One important component of Harvest remains the same: the event's charity beneficiaries. East End Hospice
, Group for the East End
and the Peconic Land Trust
will receive net event proceeds from Harvest 2012. These regional organizations' missions align with those of our local wine community: preserving dignity at the end of life (important to generational businesses like farming and winemaking; East End Hospice), protecting the environment and promoting sustainable growing practices (Group for the East End), and conserving Long Island's working farms and natural lands (Peconic Land Trust).
What's New For Harvest 2012
• New Presenting Media Sponsor: Through Harvest, many of the people and products readers encounter in the pages of Edible East End
come to life on one magical evening. Our partnership with the magazine also enables us to offer Harvest sponsors benefits in Edible East End
and its sister publications, Edible Brooklyn
and Edible Manhattan
• New Location: Be a part of the first Harvest hosted at the Hampton Classic Horse Show grounds, 240 Snake Hollow Road, Bridgehampton.
• Earlier, "In Season" Date: Join us on Saturday, August 25, the evening before The Hampton Classic opens.
• Hometown Hero As Mistress Of Ceremonies: Bonnie Grice
, the voice of "The Eclectic Café" on Long Island's NPR
station, WPPB Peconic Public Broadcasting, and "The Song Is You," broadcast nationally on NPR, will host the Festival Tasting.
• More Wineries: Meet up to 40 East End winemakers and sample more than 200 wines from the North and South Forks of Long Island.
• More Restaurants: Savor locally sourced dishes created and served by 30 regional chefs.
• Vin-IP Experience: This year, a gracious VIP area will grace the center of the Festival Tasting, set on the elevated side of the Classic's Grand Prix tent. This Vin-IP experience includes early (5 p.m.) entry with a sparkling wine reception and raw bar, one-on-one access to chefs and winemakers, closest parking and other amenities.
• 10-Mile Dinners: These intimate winemaker dinners, held in private homes and gardens, will be offered as by-invitation-only events this year, with proceeds going directly to each Harvest charity beneficiary. Only 10 guests will be admitted at these ultra-local feasts, sourced from within a 10-mile radius. Each dinner will be hosted by an East End winemaker with courses prepared by top regional chefs. People interested in getting on the guest list for these dinners may email email@example.com to request an invitation.
Ticket Prices And Additional Details
Tickets will be available beginning July 1, as follows:
• General Admission: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., $125 per person before August 11; $150 after and at the door (if available)
• Vin-IP Experience: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., $250 per person or $2,500 for a reserved table of eight, including tabletop signage, and sponsor (company) or Honorary Committee (individual) recognition for table purchasers.
About Harvest East End
Harvest East End was established in 2010 to celebrate the Long Island wine region and its fall harvest bounty, raise the profile of world-class Long Island wines, and to raise much-needed funds for regional charities supporting our land, environment and people. Harvest is organized by Merliance and the Long Island Wine Council. To date, the event has raised $91,000 for its charity beneficiaries.
About Edible East End
Edible East End celebrates the harvest of the Hamptons and North Fork and inspires its readers to support their local food and drink community. Available by subscription, and at farmstands, wineries, restaurants and selected spots throughout the region, its sister magazines include Edible Brooklyn, Edible Manhattan, and the Edible magazines across New York and the nation.
Merliance, formerly the Long Island Merlot Alliance
, joins together Long Island producers of quality merlot and merlot-based blends, in a nonprofit trade association formed in 2005. We believe merlot and merlot-based blends are the iconic red wines of not only Long Island but the entire East Coast.
About The Long Island Wine Council
The Long Island Wine Council is an industry association dedicated to achieving recognition for Long Island as a premium wine-producing region. Its role is to provide a coordinated effort for the promotion and development of the region's wine industry. The Council was founded in 1989 and currently has 50 full members.
About The Hampton Classic
The Hampton Classic Horse Show is one of the country's largest and most spectacular hunter/jumper horse shows. With more than 1,600 horses and close to $700,000 in prize money, the Classic is not only a sporting event of major proportions, but also one of the most extravagant social events of the Hamptons' summer season. The thousands of spectators who attend each day enjoy watching competitors at every level from Lead Line to Olympic veterans in the Classic's feature event, the $250,000 FTI Grand Prix
and FEI World Cup
For more information, click here.