- Celebrated in over 175 countries each year on April 22, Earth Day is a day set aside to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment, and encourage its residents to take steps to repair the damage we have caused. Organic Bouquet
, a mission based company focusing on environmental, social and economic sustainability,is the largest online provider of sustainable flowers and eco-friendly gifts.
is focused on responsible practices in every step of production - from the environment to the growers through the distribution chain to the final consumer. Want to help spread awareness in your circle? Established to help non-profit partners continue to make positive changes in the work they do, Organic Bouquet's
Flower's for Good program offers a wide selection of charity bouquets, including offerings to support Green America, The Nature Conservancy
, Keep America Beautiful and more, perfect for celebrating important day.
flowers are all certified by third-party agencies, such as VeriFlora, USDA, Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance. Providing workers in underdeveloped countries everything from zero-interest loans, childcare, healthcare, education, environmental protection, supplies, and more, Organic Bouquet
is involved in several community projects around the globe. Their Certified Sustainable Farms employ over 60 percent women in surrounding villages and pay fair livable wages above government minimum mandates. They are also a carbon neutral company, partnered with CarbonFund.org in a carbon offset program supporting re-forestation projects in Guatemala.
Each purchase from Organic Bouquet
also helps to improve the life of a flower farm worker, their family and the local community.
• Green America's mission is to harness economic power - the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace - to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
• Founded in 1936, National Wildlife Federation (NWF) is America's largest private nonprofit conservation organization protecting wildlife for our children's future.
• EarthShare is dedicated to promoting environmental awareness and supporting the vital charities that work to protect the environment and our well-being every day.
• Keep America Beautiful, Inc. is the nation's largest nonprofit education and community improvement organization, whose network of nearly 1,000 city, county, statewide and international affiliates and participating organizations engages individuals in programs that prevent litter and reduce, reuse, recycle and properly manage waste materials.
• The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.
Additionally, with April marking Autism Awareness Month and Earth Day, and with Mother's Day right around the corner, Organic Bouquet
is also helping Autistic children in Colombia.
Twenty miles from Bogota, Colombia resides the Gutierrez family farm, one of the world's most environmentally and socially responsible growers of flowers and greens. Organic Bouquet
provided the no interest loan that made it possible for the Gutierrez family to expand their farm, becoming the first organic greens grower in Columbia.
In the nearby village of Tenjo, six miles from the farm, it was discovered that several children suffer from Autism, thought to be caused by maternal exposure to pesticides used before making the switch to organic. To assist with their diagnosis and treatment, the Gutierrez family formed Fundación DIA, a non-profit organization that provides free treatment to low income families, including horseback riding therapy on the farm, music and art therapy, team interactions, physical exercise programs and more.
Since 2007, both Organic Bouquet
and the farm devote 10 percent of all sales from the farm to supporting Fundación DIA, and look forward to its continued support in the years ahead.
About Organic Bouquet
The largest online provider of eco-friendly and organic floral gifts, Organic Bouquet is a mission-based company focusing on environmental, social and economic sustainability. Organic Bouquet's flowers are grown in a manner that is not only environmentally friendly, but also provides outstanding resources for farm workers and artisans by providing zero-interest loans, childcare, healthcare, education, environmental protection, and more. Certified Sustainable Farms employ over 60 percent women from surrounding villages and pay fair, livable wages that far exceed government minimum mandates. They are also a carbon neutral company, partnered with CarbonFund.org in a carbon offset program supporting re-forestation projects in Guatemala.
For more information, click here.