While you're vacationing in the Hamptons and enjoying the last few days of summer, natural-born redheads and co-founders of How to be a Redhead, Adrienne and Stephanie Vendetti, have some expert redhead advice to keep you looking fashionable and flawless. For all the women who aren't redheads, but have fair/sensitive skin, you'll love the following tips, too!
HAIR: Keep it natural and sun protected.
Redhead bobby pins are perfect for slicking back hair. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Beach waves are a timeless look. Invest in a 'redhead friendly' leave-in surf spray like OGX Moroccan 'Sea Salt Spray' to lock in moisture, control curls and add extra shine to your red hair!
2. Protect your red hair from the sun. Spray sunblock like Rene Furterer Sun Care Protective Summer Fluid KPF 90 directly onto your hair and opt for a sun hat
3. Wear it up! No one likes sticky-neck hair. Throw it up in a high bun or loose braid. Redhead bobby pins are perfect for slicking back hair, while still keeping it down and loose.
SKIN: Treat your fair skin like the goddess she is.
1. Sunscreen should be every redhead's best friend. Opt for an all-natural sunscreen with SPF 30+ like Juice Beauty SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer.
2. Keep makeup at a bare minimal. Let your freckles and fair skin shine through. We call this our 'three-step-under-2-minutes-on-the-go' look. Dab a light concealer underneath your eyes. Lightly apply a mineral foundation and finish with a quick sweep of blush on your cheeks.
MAKEUP: Give a little pop to your look.
Embrace bold colors. (Courtesy Photo)
We swear by tinted lip balms during the summertime. They are easy (no lip liner needed!) and add a bright color to your lips.
FASHION: Embrace fun sun accessories, bright colors and bold prints.
1. Sun Hats are so practical and a must-have item while outside this summer. It is also a great way to protect your red hair from fading---those UVA rays are strong!
2. A bright colored bathing suit will make your red hair pop even more. Both one-pieces and two-pieces are hot right now. Opt for one that you feel most comfortable in. Remember: It's all about confidence!
3. Many redheads have light colored eyes, meaning that it is very important to protect them from the sun. The great thing about sunglasses is that they don't take up too much space. Toss a pair in your car and beach bag, that way you'll never not have a pair on you.
Stephanie and Adrienne Vendetti are sisters, best friends, natural-born redheads and co-founders of How to be a Redhead. The brand empowers every redhead woman to feel confident, to look amazing and to rock their beauty. Red hair is more than a color, it’s a lifestyle! http://howtobearedhead.com/