Hosting an intimate Easter gathering? Add Martha & Marley Spoon's, Martha Stewart
's meal kit service, Seared Lamb Steaks with Roasted Potatoes & Mint Chimichurri to your menu.
Seared Lamb Steaks with Roasted Potatoes & Mint Chimichurri:
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
• Potatoes, Russet, 12.0 oz
• Carrots, 12.0 oz
• Chicken Broth, 0.5 oz
• Mint, 0.5 oz
• Peas, Frozen, 5.0 oz
• Lamb steak, 12.0 oz
• Lemon, One
• Garlic Clove, One
• You will also need:
• Olive oil
• Coarse Sea Salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• Neutral oil, such as vegetable or safflower
1. Preheat oven to 450°F with oven rack in the top position.
2. Scrub potatoes and carrots and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (no need to peel!)
3. Peel and smash
2 cloves of garlic.
4. Combine chicken broth packet with 1 cup warm water.
5. Zest 1/2 of the lemon into a medium bowl. Juice the lemon.
6. Toss potatoes and carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil, smashed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
7. Spread out evenly on sheet and pour chicken broth on top. Roast on the top rack until potatoes and carrots begin to soften, about 15 min.
8. Meanwhile, pick mint leaves off stem and finely chop leaves.
9. Peel and grate 1/2 of the remaining clove of garlic into the bowl with lemon zest and add mint, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Toss peas with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
11. Pour lemon juice over potatoes and shake to distribute.
12. Sprinkle peas on top and return to the oven. Bake until potatoes and carrots are tender, and juices are nearly evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes.
13. Heat 1 tablespoon neutral oil over high heat in a medium skillet. Pat lamb steaks dry and season all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds pepper. Add steaks and cook, undisturbed, until a crust forms and deep golden brown, about 3 minutes.
14. Flip and continue to cook until medium rare, about 1 minute. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest.
15. Preheat broiler and continue to cook vegetables until slightly charred around the edges, 2 to 5 minutes (watch closely as broilers vary in intensity).
16. Serve lamb steaks with the potatoes, carrots, and peas. Pour any pan juices on top and drizzle mint chimichurri all over. Enjoy!
For more information, visit marleyspoon.com.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com