Some of your St. Patrick's Day fare, like corned beef and cabbage, may be set in stone - but if you're not sure what to serve for dessert, try Pastry chef and owner of Ava's Cupcakes
, Michelle Spell
's Ava's Cupcakes Irish Soda Bread Scone with Guinness
Glaze - a delicious end to the meal that highlights a few beloved Irish favorites.
Ava's Cupcakes Irish Soda Bread Scone:
• 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
• 1/2 Cup Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
• 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
• 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
• 2 Tablespoons cold Butter
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• 1 egg, room temperature
• 1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly.
2. Combine wet ingredients, add to dry mix until incorporated.
3. Place dough onto floured surface, gently knead into a flat disk, cut with cutter or into pie shaped pieces.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
• 1/2 Cup Guinness
• 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Pour stout into saucepan over medium heat and reduce by half.
2. Add 10X sugar, remove from heat, blend until smooth.
3. Pour heaping teaspoon over each cooled scone.
4. Allow a few moments to dry and serve.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com