The season of endless baking is here. End any seasonal gathering on a high note by adding this delicious dessert to your menu.
Mark West Caramel Apple Galette:
Serves 4 to 6
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup spelt flour
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, cubed, very cold
• 1/2 cup ice water
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon Mark West Pinot Noir
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon allspice
• 2 large honey crisp apples
1. To make the dough, add flours, sugar and cold butter to food processor. Pulse several times, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Add one tablespoon of water at a time and continue pulsing the mixture until it holds together when squeezed, but is not sticky.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently gather into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine sugar and Pinot Noir in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a dark amber caramel is achieved. Add the spices and apples and toss to combine. Continue cooking for 5-6 minutes or until apples have softened. Allow to cool.
5. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Place dough ball on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll into a circular 1/4" thick shape. Transfer dough to a parchment lined sheet pan.
7. Place cooled apples in the center of the dough, leaving a 1" border on all sides. If there is excess caramel in the pan, reserve it but do not place on the dough. Fold the border of the galette up towards the center, crimping and pinching it as you go.
8. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. The apples may ooze out of the crust a bit. Serve warm or at room temperature.
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
D+J Concepts is known for a high-end cutting edge approach to design with a balance between functionality and imagination. We skillfully and tastefully transform ordinary spaces into classic modern styles, which are understated, and luxe. We’re known for our modern transitional style incorporating antiques and modern elements for an unexpected edge.
The Hamptons Apparel and Accessories Collections pay respect to the rich history found at every beach, dock, main street and village that makes up The Hamptons. We designed this for YOU and everyone you know that loves The Hamptons.