Apple pies are great, but if you're looking for a new sweet option after a day of apple picking in the Hamptons, try these Crisp Apple Donuts instead. And October is National Apple Month, so if you love apples, here's your excuse to use them in nearly everything you make.
Crisp Apple Donuts
Yield: 12 donuts plus holes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 3 hours or overnight
For The Donuts:
• 1 cup Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup whole milk
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, on medium high speed for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Slowly pour in the milk and half of the Sparkling Ice to the mixing bowl.
3. With the mixer on slow speed add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined. The dough should look shaggy.
4. Slowly pour in the remaining amount of Sparkling Ice on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Tear 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet.
6. Line the first piece of parchment on a clean baking sheet and heavily dust with flour.
7. Turn out the dough onto the floured parchment and press evenly till its about 3/4 inch thick. (If the dough seems too sticky flour your hands before pressing.)
8. Lightly flour the top of the dough and place the second piece of parchment over the dough.
9. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
9. After refrigeration, heat enough oil to come up 2 inches from the bottom (in a deep frying pan) to 375 degrees using a candy thermometer.
10. Gently peel the top piece of parchment off the dough.
11. Using a floured donut cutter, punch out dough and place in hot oil.
12. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until light brown. Adjust the heat if needed. Scoop on paper towel lined baking tray.
13. Combine cinnamon and Splenda in a large bowl.
14. While the donuts are still warm, toss with cinnamon and Splenda mixture until evenly coated.
15. Serve warm.
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers ó and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Hampton Luxury Liner was started in 2000 as a more luxurious way to travel from NYC to the Hamptons and back. The clientele quickly grew and over the years Hampton Luxury liner became the preferred method of transportation to the Hamptons and NYC for many living in NYC and the Hamptons that wanted a comfortable and affordable way to travel back and forth. In 2009, HLL was taken over by Classic Coach and things with the liner didnít change to much for years and the owner there changed the buses to Prevost as opposed to Mercedes Setra Top Class Coaches that have always been a signature of the liner. Please call (631) 537-5800 to reserve a charter or email us at Hampton Luxury Liner. The Only Way to Ride!
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.