It's not Cinco de Mayo without a little salsa, guac and chips. If you want to include a tropical twist to your meal this year, add Chef, restaurateur and James Beard
-nominated author Richard Blais' Pineapple Jicama Salsa to your menu.
Pineapple Jicama Salsa:
Richard Blais. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 pineapple
• 5 ounces jicama, peeled
• 2 tablespoons red onion
• 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
• 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
• 1 jalapeno, seeded
• 1 scallion, chopped
1. Add pineapple, jicama and red onion (one ingredient at a time) through the Black & Decker 11-Cup Performance Dicing Digital Food Processor, remove and reserve.
2. Add cilantro, diced jalapeno, scallion and lime juice to food processor.
3. Pulse until fully incorporated.
4. Toss mixture with pineapple and jicama mixture.
5. Place in bowl and serve.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com