The holiday season is the time to gather with friends and family, and celebrate the joyous time of year with delicious eats. If you're the go to host of the group, chances are you're constantly on the lookout for new recipes that will impress your guests. Actress and Cooking Channel's "Dinner at Tiffani's" host Tiffani Thiessen
has created a special seasonal recipe that can be served up as either a super indulgent breakfast or descendant dessert.
Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast:
• 1 loaf French bread
• 8 ounces cream cheese; softened
• 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
• powdered sugar; for garnish
1. In a bowl, take softened cream cheese and pumpkin puree and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Then set aside.
2. Cut your French loaf into 2 inch slices discarding the ends. Then spread your cream cheese and pumpkin mixture on both slices of the bread, to your taste. Place pieces on top of on another in a gallon sized Hefty® Slider Bag and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla bean paste. Take your Hefty® Slider Bag with your French toast and pour egg mixture into the bag and close. Then gently tilt bag from side to side making sure all the bread is covered with egg mixture. Place in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take French toast out of the slider bag and place in a 9x13 baking dish uncovered. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com