- As the unofficial start to summer, Memorial Day is the weekend most Americans dust off their grills and get barbequing. This year, instead of making the usual burgers and hot dogs, surprise family and friends with something a little different. Barbeques Galore, the leading retailer of premium grilling and outdoor products since 1980, has worked with top barbeque experts to develop mouth-watering, easy to make recipes sure to delight even the pickiest gourmand. Try making the Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce for an Asian flair on the grill, or heat up your palate with the spicy Tuna & Jalapeno Skewers. Finally, satisfy your sweet tooth with grilled strawberries topped with balsamic syrup and vanilla bean ice cream.
Whether you need a new grill or an upgrade on your grilling accessories, Barbeques Galore has a huge selection of gas, charcoal and electric grills in addition to every imaginable grilling accessory to get you ready for summer. So whenever you decide to break out the grill, be sure to get grilling with Barbeques Galore!
Pork Satay With Peanut Sauce
• 12 oz. pork loin
• 6 soaked bamboo skewers
• Asian Spice Blend
• ½ cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
• 1 can (10 oz.) coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon garlic, chili paste
Tuna & Jalapeño Skewers on a Cucumber Mango Salad. (Courtesy Photo: Barbeques Galore)
Preheat grill on high heat. If using a barbeque topper, preheat topper as well. Remove pork from packaging and cut into two oz. strips. Sprinkle Asian Spice blend over pork strips and skewer up on soaked bamboo skewers. Grill over high heat until cooked through, about two minutes on each side. Let rest five minutes before serving. To prepare the peanut sauce, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chili paste in a blender and puree until smooth. Remove from blender and place in a sauce dish, or pour sauce over cooked satay.
Tuna & Jalapeño Skewers On A Cucumber Mango Salad
• 1 large red onion, sliced into thin strips
• 1 cup rice wine vinegar
• ¼ cup sugar
• 12 one inch cubes of tuna
• 4 large jalapeños, sliced in one inch rounds
• Salt and pepper
• 6 soaked bamboo skewers
• Fire & Flavor Asian Rub
• Sesame Seeds
• 1 large cucumber peeled, deseeded, and sliced into thin strips
• 2 large mangos, sliced in thin strips
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• ½ cup cilantro leaves, picked
Dressing: Juice of one lime, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Preheat grill on high heat. If using a barbeque topper, preheat topper as well. To prepare the red onions for the salad, bring the rice wine vinegar and sugar to a boil in a sauce pot. Pour hot mixture over sliced red onion and let cool uncovered to room temperature. For the dressing, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce in a mixing bowl. Next, remove soaked skewers from water. Skewer tuna cubes and jalapeño wheels, then season with Asian Rub and sesame seeds. Grill over high heat to desired temperature. To finish the salad, combine the cucumber, mangos, red bell pepper, cilantro, and pickled red onions. Cover with dressing, then add skewers. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Grilled Strawberries With Balsamic Syrup, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And Cracked Black Pepper
Grilled Strawberries with Balsamic Syrup, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & Cracked Black Pepper. (Courtesy Photo: Barbeques Galore)
• 3 cups balsamic vinegar
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 cup strawberries
• Vanilla ice cream
• Cracked black pepper
Combine vinegar and sugar in a saucepot, and bring to a boil. Reduce by ¾, taste for sweetness. If too sour, add sugar until desired sweetness is achieved. Set aside, and let cool. Preheat grill on high and set BBQ topper to pre heat. Grill strawberries until lightly roasted. In a bowl add strawberries then ice cream. Drizzle balsamic reduction over top and finish lightly with cracked black pepper.
For more information, click here.