Irish Car Bombs not in your St. Patrick's Day future? Here's some other festive options.
Lucky Lime Margarita: (Recipe courtesy of HelloFresh)
• 1 cup Silver Tequila
• 1 Jalapeno
• 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
• 2 round slices of Pineapple
• 1 lime (juiced) + 1 lime (sliced)
• 2 tbsp Agave
• 3/4 cup Water
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Crushed Ice
• Kosher Salt, for glass rim
Cut your pineapple into 1 inch thick rings, discarding the rind and removing the core. Add the jalapeno infused tequila, some fresh jalapeno (to taste), and all the other ingredients (except the ice and salt!) to the blender. Blend until smooth, then strain to remove the pulp from the pineapple. To salt the rim, run a lime slice or pineapple wedge around the lip of your glass and dip into salt to cover. Add crushed ice to your glass, pour in your margarita mixture, and garnish with extra pineapple or lime wedge.
The Irish Milk-Flake: (Created by Julia Velazquez of O'Shaughnessy's Public House)
The Irish Milk-Flake. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1.5 oz. of Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur
• 1 oz. Irish Whiskey
• 1 oz. of Wondermint Scnapps Liqueur
• Cadbury Flake, for garnish
• Mint, for garnish
Combine all three into a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass. Serve with crushed Cadbury Flake bar on top and mint garnish.
Woodbridge Lucky Lime Margarita:
Woodbridge Lucky Lime Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
• 3 oz. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
• 3 freshly squeezed Mexican Limones (small limes) or one large domestic Lime
• 1 freshly squeezed Orange (1/4 cup)
• 1 oz. Simple Syrup*
• Dash of Damiana Liqueur (optional)
• 1 sprig fresh Cilantro, for glass rim
• Margarita Salt, for glass rim
Dip the rim of a margarita glass into water or lime juice and then into coarse margarita salt, if desired. Add several ice cubes to a blender. Add the wine, fruit juices and simple syrup and blend until slushy. Pour into a serving glass, then top with a dash of damiana, if desired. Garnish the glass with a sprig of cilantro and serve. You can also serve this drink over the rocks if you like.
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Water
Directions: Boil the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves, then remove from heat and chill. Store the syrup in a sealed container in the refrigerator, where it will keep for several weeks.
Lucky Verde Shooter: (Created by Masa Urushido of Saxon + Parole)
Lucky Verde Shooter. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Tres Agaves
• 1 part Verde Mix*
Laphroaig® Pot of Peat. (Courtesy Photo)
Pour single shot of Tres Agaves Reposado Tequila; pour second shot of Verde mix. Enjoy Tres Agaves followed immediately by mix.
• 1 Tomatillo
• 1 Cucumber
• 1 Celery Stalk
• 1 tablespoon Cilantro
• 2-3 dashes of Green Tabasco
Directions: Blend or cold press all vegetables. Season with Salt and pepper to taste.
Laphroaig® Pot of Peat:
• 3/4 part Laphroaig® Select
• 3/4 part Ginger Liqueur
• 3/4 part Pineapple Juice
• 3/4 part Lemon Juice
• 3 dashes Absinthe
• Spring of Mint, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a mint sprig.
Knob Creek® The Rugged Leprechaun:
Knob Creek® The Rugged Leprechaun. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• 1/2 part Allspice Dram Liqueur
• 1 part Angostura® Bitters
• 1 part Simple Syrup
• Lime Twist, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and stir. Pour into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lime twist.
Jagermeister Frozen Grasshopper: (Created by Willy Shine, Brand Meister)
Jagermeister Frozen Grasshopper. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 oz. Jägermeister
• 1 oz. Green Crème de Menthe
• 1 oz. White Crème de Cacao
• 1 oz. Half and Half
• Pinch of Sea Salt
• 4 oz. (1/2 cup) Vanilla Ice Cream
• 8 oz. (1 cup) Crushed Ice, prepared with a Lewis bag and mallet, tea towel and rolling pin, or a food processor
• Mint Sprig, for garnish
• Powdered Sugar, for garnish
Combine all ingredients except the mint sprig in a blender, and blend on high speed until smooth. Serve in a tall, frozen glass, and garnish with the dust of nutmeg a mint sprig and powdered sugar.
Green With Envy:
Green With Envy. (Courtesy Photo)
• 3 oz. Natura Chardonnay
• 4 oz. Green Tea
• 1 1/4 oz.Cucumber Syrup*
• 1/2 oz. Lillet
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 Cucumber, ribboned
• 2 Mint Sprigs, for garnish
Combine Chardonnay, green tea, Cucumber syrup, Lillet and lime juice into a Collins glass. Fill with ice and garnish with a cucumber ribbon inside the glass and mint sprig on top.
• 1 Cucumber
• 16 oz. Simple Syrup
Directions: Juice 1 cucumber and combine 16 oz. with equal parts simple syrup.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com