Flagler Avenue Rum Punch. (Courtesy Photo)
The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here - it's time to toast to Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of summer.
Watermelon Beer Rita: (Recipe created by The Southern Thing)
• 2 cups seedless Watermelon, rind removed
• 3 tablespoons Simple Syrup
• 3/4 cup Tequila
• 1/4 cup Lime Juice
• 1 1/2 cups Ice (add more as needed)
• Cold Corona Light®
• Lime Wedges, for garnish
• Margarita Salt
Remove seed and rind from watermelon and cut into cubes. In a blender, combine watermelon, simple syrup, lime juice, tequila and ice, then blend. Dampen the rim of a large margarita glass or beer mug, then twist the rim in margarita salt. Pour contents of blender into a chilled glass, a little more than half full. Carefully place an ice cold Corona into a margarita glass and garnish with a fresh lime and serve.
Flagler Avenue Rum Punch: (Created by Mixologist, Cassandra Rosen)
Auchentoshan® Berry White. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 oz. White Rum
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 oz. Orange Liqueur
• Dash Lime Bitters
• 2 oz. Snowbirds Vintners Grüner Veltliner
• Pineapple Wedges, for garnish
Add all ingredients to a glass. Stir to combine. Garnish with pineapple slices.
Auchentoshan® Berry White:
• 1.5 parts Auchentoshan® American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky
• .25 part fresh Lemon Juice
• 2.5 part Shrub & Co. Strawberry with Meyer Lemon Shrub
• 3.5 parts Belgian Witbier (Wheat Beer)
• 4 dashes Rhubarb Bitters
• Lemon Peel, for garnish
Build drink in tall glass with ice. Fill remainder with Belgian wheat beer. Garnish with lemon peel.
Grey Goose La Poire Grand Fizz:
Grey Goose La Poire Grand Fizz. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 parts Grey Goose La Poire
• 1 part St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
• 3 long slices of Anjou Pear
• 2 parts chilled Soda Water
Ticket to Paradise. (Courtesy Photo)
Build in an oversized cabernet wine glass with lots of ice. Add Grey Goose® La Poire and St-Germain®. Then add fresh Anjou pear slices. Top with chilled soda water and stir with a Grey Goose stirrer.
Ticket to Paradise:
• 1.5 oz. Tanqueray No. TEN
• .75 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• .75 oz. fresh Pineapple Juice
• .5 oz. Ginger Syrup
• Mint Leaves, for garnish
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into Coupe glass and garnish with mint leaves.
Blueberry Mint Smash:
• 1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• Mint Sprigs
Lightly muddle 6-8 blueberries and 3-5 mint leaves in a shaker. Add remainder of ingredients into the shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a julep cup over crushed ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and blueberries.
Sangria in Rio: (Created by Scott Rixe, Bar Manager of Poppy and Lionhead located in Seattle)
Blueberry Mint Smash. (Courtesy Photo)
• 8 large Strawberries
• 1 half package of Raspberries
• 3/4 cup Simple Syrup
• 1/4 cup Lime Juice
• 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
• 2 bottle Tempranillo/Cab blend or a South American Tempranillo blend
• 1 cup Novo Fogo Chameleon Cachaça
• 1/4 cup PX Cream Sherry
• Edible Flowers, for garnish
• Lemon Slices, for garnish
• Sliced Strawberries, for garnish
Combine strawberries, raspberries, and simple syrup in a blender and then fine strain. Mix with lime juice, lemon juice, Tempranillo/Cab blend or a South American Tempranillo blend, Novo Fogo Chameleon Cachaça, and PX cream sherry. Garnish with all the fruits and flowers.
Knob Creek® Rye Blackhawk:
Sangria in Rio. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
• 1 part DeKuyper
® Sloe Gin
• 1 Maraschino Cherry, for garnish
In a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes, combine the whiskey and gin. Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.
Knob Creek® Rye Blackhawk. (Courtesy Photo)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com