TGIF because not only is the weekend here, but National Cocktail Day (Friday, March 24) is too.
Cruzan® Mango Sunset:
• 1 1/4 parts Cruzan® Single Barrel Rum
• 3/4 part Cruzan® Mango Rum
• 1 1/2 parts fresh Lemon Sour
• 1/2 part Mango Puree
• 1/2 part Pomegranate Juice
• Lime Wheel, for garnish
• Pomegranate Seeds, for garnish
Le Grand Fizz. (Courtesy Photo)
Shake all ingredients, except the pomegranate juice, with ice until well blended. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Slowly pour pomegranate juice into the center of the cocktail so that it settles to the bottom. Garnish with a lime wheel and pomegranate seeds.
Le Grand Fizz:
• 1 1/2 parts Grey Goose Vodka
• 1 part St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
• 1/2 part freshly squeezed Lime (approximately half a lime)
• 2 parts chilled Soda Water
• 3 wedges of fresh Lime, for garnish
Build in an oversized cabernet wine glass with lots of ice. Add Grey Goose Vodka and St-Germain. Then squeeze fresh lime and discard. Top with chilled soda water. Stir and garnish with fresh lime wedges and a Grey Goose stirrer.
Skinny-Rita: (Created by Chad Hotchkiss of Jose O'Shea's)
• 2 oz. Blue Nectar Silver Tequila
• 1 oz. Patron
• 2 oz. fresh squeezed Lime Juice
• 1/2 oz. Agave Nectar
• Club Soda
Combine all ingredients except soda in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a salt-rimmed margarita glass over rocks. Top with splash of club soda. Garnish with citrus.
Thai Iced Tea: (Created by Pamela Wiznitzer of Seamstress NYC)
Thai Iced Tea. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1.5 oz. Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur
• 2.5 oz. heavily brewed Tea (ceylon is best for this)
• 1 oz. Aged Rum
• 1 oz. Coconut Milk
• .5 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
• Vanilla Bean
• Nutmeg, for garnish
Knob Creek® Roasted Old Fashioned. (Courtesy Photo)
Mix the Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur, sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk together with clove, vanilla, and anise and allow to sit for 2 to 3 hours. In a glass place the tea and rum with ice. Then add 3 oz. of the mixture on top and layer them, Finish with a dusting of nutmeg.
Knob Creek® Roasted Old Fashioned: (Created by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon)
• 2 parts Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
• 1 part Vanilla-infused Sweet Vermouth*
• 4 dashes of Angostura® Bitters
• 2 dashes of Orange Bitters
• Coffee Bean
Add Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon, vanilla-infused sweet vermouth, Angostura® Bitters and orange bitters into a cocktail shaker with ice. Stir mixture and strain into a Coupe glass. Finish with freshly grated coffee bean as garnish.
*Vanilla-Infused Sweet Vermouth:
Truly Bitter. (Courtesy Photo)
• fresh Vanilla Bean
• 1 750ml bottle of Sweet Vermouth
Directions: Drop fresh vanilla bean into a bottle of Sweet Vermouth. Set aside and let sit 24 hours.
• 5 oz. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Grapefruit & Pomelo
• 1/2 oz. Campari
• 1/2 oz. Cointreau
• Juice from 1 Lemon or Orange Wedge
• Orange or Grapefruit Wedge or Twist, for garnish
Combine 1/2 oz. Campari, 1/2 oz. Cointreau and juice from 1 lemon or orange wedge in a rocks glass over single large ice cube. Top off with Truly Spiked & Sparkling Grapefruit & Pomelo. Add orange or grapefruit wedge or twist for garnish. (Note: Use gin instead of Cointreau for a cool spin on a classic Negroni)
Cucumber Gimlet. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1⁄2 oz. Prairie Cucumber Flavored Organic Vodka
• 1⁄2 oz. Simple Syrup
• 1 oz. Lime Juice
• Soda Water
Combine first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake and strain into a lowball glass. Top with soda water.
Golden Age. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Banks 7 Golden Age Rum
• 0.75 parts fresh Lime Juice
• 0.5 parts White Crème de Cacao
• Lime Wheel, for garnish
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Hangar 1 Honeydew + Mint:
Hangar 1 Honeydew + Mint. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1.5 oz. Hangar 1 Straight Vodka
• 2 oz. Honeydew Puree
• .5 oz. Mint Syrup
• .5 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 oz. Sparkling Water
• Mint Sprig, for garnish
• Lime Wedge, for garnish
Combine ingredients, shake and server over ice. Garnish with mint sprig and lime wedge.
• 5 Mint Sprigs
• 1 1/2 cups Simple Syrup
• 1 1/2 cups Water
Directions: Heat simple syrup and water in a saucepan until dissolved. Add mint sprigs. Once the simple syrup is cool, remove mint sprigs.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com