Your quest for the end of the rainbow ends with one of these 11 St. Patrick's Day options.
Pinnacle® Lucky Leprechaun. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Pinnacle® Lucky Leprechaun:
• 1 1/2 parts Midori
® Melon Liqueur
• 1 1/2 parts Sweet and Sour Mix
• 1 part Pinnacle® Citrus Vodka
• Juice from 1/2 of a Lemon
• 2 1/2 inch square of fresh Ginger
• Float JDK & Sons
™ O3 Premium Orange Liqueur
• Fresh Cranberries, for garnish
Luck of Laphroaig. (Courtesy Photo)
Fill tall glass with ice, pour Midori® as the bottom layer. Muddle fresh ginger and juice of 1/2 a lemon. Add sweet & sour and Pinnacle® Citrus Vodka. Shake with ice. Strain and pour over the bottom layer. Finally, carefully top with cranberry juice and a floater of Orange Liqueur. Garnish with candied ginger and cranberries.
2. Luck of Laphroaig®: (Created by Tyson Buhler of New York, NY)
• 1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® Select
• 1/4 part Sarsaparilla Syrup
• 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
• Orange Twist, for garnish
Combine ingredients in a rocks glass with ice. Garnish with orange twist.
3. Sauza Midori Margarita: Serves 8
• 1 1/2 cups Sauza® Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 2 cups Midori®
• 2 cups fresh Lemon Sour
• 1 cup fresh Lime Juice
• Lime Wedges, for garnish
• Melon Balls, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir. Place in the refrigerator to chill. Pour into martini glasses. Garnish with a skewered lime wedge and melon ball.
A Wee Little Pot O' Gold. (Courtesy Photo)
4. A Wee Little Pot O' Gold:
• 2 oz. Usquaebach Reserve
• 4 oz. Club Soda
• 2 dash Orange Bitters
• Twist of Lemon, for garnish
Fill a highball glass with ice. Add bitters and scotch. Fill with cub soda. Add lemon twist as a garnish.
Woodbridge Emerald Isle Cooler. (Courtesy Photo)
5. Woodbridge Emerald Isle Cooler: Serves 4 to 6
• 1 cup Simple Syrup*
• 1 cup fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice, about 3 to 4 Lemons
• 1/2 bottle Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
• 2 cups Water
• 2 cups Ice Cubes
• 1/2 seedless Cucumber
Pour the ginger-infused simple syrup into a larger pitcher. Add the lemon juice, chardonnay and water, and stir, then add ice. With a vegetable peeler, remove and discard a lengthwise strip of skin from one side of the half-cucumber. Shave 8 to 10 long, paper-thin ribbons of cucumber into the pitcher. Push them down into the ice and stir gently, so the cucumber unfolds to make an attractive visual garnish in the lemonade. Chill for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld, or up to an hour. Serve well-iced in tall glasses.
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Water
• 3 to 10 thin slices fresh Ginger
Directions: Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Add 3 to 10 slices of fresh ginger, with 3 giving the finished syrup a mild ginger flavor and 10 yielding a more assertive result. Simmer the mixture for 8 to 10 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the vapors rising from the pot smell noticeably of ginger. Cool the syrup to room temperature, then strain out the ginger. Chill the syrup until you're ready to assemble the lemonade.
Gold Fashioned. (Courtesy Photo)
6. Gold Fashioned:
• 2 oz. elit by Stolichnaya
• 1/2 oz. Dolin Blanc
• 2 dashes Citrus Bitters
• 3 slices Cucumber
• 1 sprig Fresh Dill
• Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Mexican Pharaoh #4 and Basil Hayden's® Lucky Ginger. (Courtesy Photos)
Muddle the dill and cucumber in a mixing glass. Add the vodka and ice and stir well. Strain over ice cube and garnish with fresh cracked black pepper.
7. Basil Hayden's® Lucky Ginger: (Created by Zachary Brian Taylor of San Francisco, CA)
• 1 1/2 parts Basil Hayden's® Bourbon
• 3/4 parts Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Brown Sugar Syrup*
• 1 spring of Rosemary
• Ginger Beer
Combine Basil Hayden's® Bourbon, lemon juice and brown sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker. Remove rosemary needles from the bottom 3/4 of the spring and add to the shaker. Save the top of the spring for use as a garnish. Add ice to shaker and shake. Double strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with the remaining rosemary spring.
*Brown Sugar Syrup:
• 1 part Water
• 1 part Brown Sugar
Directions: Combine water and brown sugar in a saucepan and warm
Jameson Irish Mule. (Courtesy Photo)
Stir until sugar is fully dissolved into the water. Pour into an empty container and set aside.
8. Mexican Pharaoh #4:
• 2.5 oz. Avión
• .5 oz. Simple Syrup
Lightly muddle mint in a mixing glass, add the remainder of the ingredients and stir without ice. Strain over crushed ice in a rocks glass or julep tin, top with champagne and garnish with a mint sprig.
9. Jameson Irish Mule: (From Hard Rock Cafe New York in Times Square and at Yankee Stadium)
• 2 oz. Jameson Irish Whiskey
• 4 Lime Wedges
• Ginger Beer
Pour Jameson Irish Whiskey into a 16 oz. glass filled with ice. Add four lime wedges squeezed and dropped. Fill the rest of glass with your favorite ginger beer. Stir the ingredients and enjoy.
Pot of Gold. (Courtesy Photo)
10. Pot of Gold:
• 2 parts Hornitos® Reposado Tequila
• 1 part Pineapple Juice
• 1 part Cranberry Juice
• 1 part Simple Syrup
• 1 slice Jalapeño
• Orange Peel
Muddle jalapeño in a glass, combine remainder of ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously and strain into the glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an orange peel.
11. Green Garden: (Created by Martin Preusche of Upholstery Store, New York, NY)
• 2 oz. Soltado Tequila
• 2 oz. homemade Apple Celery Juice
• 1/2 oz. Jalapeño-infused Honey
• 1 oz. Lemon Juice
• 2 Rosemary and Thyme Sprigs, for garnish
• 2 slices Candy Cane Beets, for garnish
Shake all ingredients in a shaker and serve on the rocks. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and candy cane beet slices.
Green Garden. (Courtesy Photo)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com