From the dresses to the suits to the hair and make-up to the jewelry, the 88th Academy Awards will no doubt be as grand as ever. If you didn't score a ticket to watch the Oscars alongside nominees like Leonardo DiCaprio, Michael Fassbender, Matt Damon, Brie Larson, or Saoirse Ronan, you're next best option is to watch it with your besties. As you take in the amazing outfits and winners speeches, mix up one of these cocktails inspired by Hollywood's biggest night.
Grey Goose Martini Cocktail. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Grey Goose Martini Cocktail: (Inspired by 'The Big Idea' and the film "The Big Short")
• 2 1/2 parts Grey Goose Vodka
• 1/2 parts Noilly Prat Original French Dry Vermouth
• 1 dash Orange Bitters
• Lemon Zest
Build ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Top with cubed ice and stir. Fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon zest.
Golden Statue. (Courtesy Photo)
2. Golden Statue: (Created by Shaun Dunn of The NoMad - Flatiron)
"The Martian Sunset." (Courtesy Photo)
• .5 oz. Frangelico
• 1 oz. Fino Sherry
• 1 oz. Cinzano 1757
• .75 oz. Amontillado Sherry
• .5 oz. Lemon Juice
• 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
Combine all ingredients and whip shake with 3 ice cubes. Pour into Collins glass over ice. Top with tonic and garnish with a lemon wheel.
3. Woodbridge Chardonnay Sparkler:
• 1 oz. Grenadine
• 2 oz. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
• Sparkling Water
• Gold pom pom drink stirrers
Fill glass with ice. Add 1 oz. grenadine. Add 2 oz. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay. Top it off with sparkling water. Garnish pomp om drink stirrers with raspberry. (Entertaining Tip: Portions can easily to multiplied for large-batch cocktails.)
The Fighter. (Courtesy Photo)
4. "The Martian Sunset:" (Created by Minibar)
• 1 1/2 oz. Malibu Coconut Rum
• 1 oz. Anejo Tequila
• 4 oz. Pineapple Juice
• Splash of Lime Juice
• Dash of Grenadine
Mix rum, tequila, and juices in a cocktail shaker. Pour into a martini glass. Then pour in Grenadine until it changes color. Let separate and serve.
5. The Fighter:
• 1 1/2 parts Courvoisier® VSOP Cognac
• 1/2 part Cherry Heering® Liqueur
• 6 Black Cherries
• Dash of Simple Syrup
• Soda Water
• Mint, for garnish
Knob Creek® Bourbon Fizz. (Courtesy Photo)
Muddle the cherries in a mixing glass before adding all the other ingredients. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Top with soda and garnish with a sprig of mint and a single cherry.
6. Knob Creek® Bourbon Fizz: (Created by Chef Michael Symon)
• 1 1/2 parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• 2 part Orangina® Soda
• 5 sprigs Thyme
• 1 Egg White
Muddle thyme and simple syrup thoroughly in the bottom of a shaker. Combine with lemon juice, knob Creek® Bourbon and egg white. Add ice and shake vigorously for one minute. Strain over ice and float with Orangina® Soda. Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme.
The Revenant. (Courtesy Photo)
7. The Revenant: (Courtesy of The Roof)
Tom Collins. (Courtesy Photo)
• Muddled Orange
• 1 oz. Laphroaig Whisky
• Top with Hot Cider
Muddle orange. Add Laphroaig Whisky and top with hot cider.
8. Tom Collins: (Created by Jacques Bezuidenhout of Forgery Bar in San Francisco, who says the drink is one of the biggest cocktail snubs of all time because of its bad reputation for being poorly made with cheap gin and sweet and sour mix.)
• 2 oz. G'Vine Nouaison Gin
• 3/4 oz. fresh squeezed Lemon
• 3/4 oz. Simple Syrup
• Club Soda
Shake and strain all ingredients except soda. Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass and top with club soda. Lightly stir to integrate the soda. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com