Tequila is definitely one of our favorite summer spirits, so in honor of National Tequila Day (on Friday, July 24th), here are a few seasonal sips. Since there are six options, you might just have to try a different one daily.
1. Partida Raspberry Collins:
• 1 3/4 oz. Partida Blanco Tequila
• 3/4 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• 3/4 oz. Partida Organic Agave Nectar (Cut 50/50 with water)
• 8 to 10 Raspberries
• Lemon Twist
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain over fresh ice into a highball glass. Top with sparkling water or club soda. Garnish with a lemon twist and 3 raspberries on a pick.
Partida Raspberry Collins. (Courtesy Photo)
Cruz Old Fashioned. (Courtesy Photo)
2. Cruz Old Fashioned:
• 2 parts Cruz Reposado Tequila
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• 2 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
• 2 dashes Orange Bitters
• 1 slice Orange rind
• 1 slice Grapefruit rind
Combine all ingredients except rinds with ice and stir for 40 seconds. Garnish with an orange and grapefruit rind.
3. Tequila Sour:
• 1 1/4 parts Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila
• 1/4 part Agave
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• Lemon wedge
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Tequila Sour. (Courtesy Photo)
4. Coco Paradiso:
• 1 1/2 oz. 1800 Coconut
• 1/2 oz. White Creme de Cacao
• 1/2 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• 1 1/2 oz. Unsweetened Passion Fruit Juice (Ceres)
• Pinch of Finely Ground Coffee (for garnish)
• Lime slice (for garnish)
Combine all in a shaker and shake with one cube to mix. Strain into a Hurricane Glass and fill with ice, gently swizzling to fully chill the glass. To garnish, add a pinch of ground coffee on top and slice of lime.
CCoco Paradiso. (Courtesy Photo)
5. Blueberry Margarita:
• 1/2 parts Sauza Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 1/4 part JDK & Sons O3 Premium Orange Liqueur
• 1/4 pint Blueberries
• 1/4 part Agave Nectar (or 1/2 teaspoon Sugar)
• Juice of 3/4 Lime
Wash your blueberries, reserving a few for garnish. In a shaker, muddle together blueberries and agave or sugar. Strain through a sieve into a Mason Jar over ice, rimmed with sugar or salt. Add the remaining ingredients and enjoy.
Lil Mizz Sunshine. (Courtesy Photo)
6. Lil Mizz Sunshine:
(Created by Rosie Ruiz of Cole's in Los Angeles)
• 6 oz. Roca Patrón Reposado
• 2 oz. Patrón Citrónge Mango
• 3 oz Orange/Chamomile Tea-Infused Sweet Vermouth
• 3 oz. Lime Juice
• 10 White Sugar Cubes
• 6 oz. Club Soda
Muddle sugar cubes with lime juice, Stir all ingredients (except for club soda) with ice. Strain over 1 large block of ice. Add club soda, and garnish with orange wheels and edible flowers.
Orange Chamomile infused sweet vermouth:
• 5 tsp Orange Chamomile Tea Leaves
• 750ml Dolin Sweet Vermouth
Directions: Infuse tea in vermouth for 2 hours. After 2 hours, strain out tea and refrigerate.