Bring on the red, white, and blue cocktails, because it's time to toast to the 4th of July.
Firework Fizz. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Acai Ecotini: (Created by Cassandra Rosen)
• 2 oz. Azzurre Vodka
• 1 oz. Dry Orange Liqueur
• .5 oz. Ginger Juice
• .5 oz. Acai Juice
• .5 oz. Agave
• Fresh squeezed Lime Juice
• Lime slice for garnish
In a shaker with ice, muddle approximately 1 inch of peeled, fresh ginger to create ginger juice. Add the rest of the ingredients. Shake well. Double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish.
2. Firework Fizz:
• 1 1/4 parts Hornitos Plata Tequila
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• Splash of Seltzer
Muddle one strawberry, combine remainder of ingredients except seltzer in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously, strain over fresh ice and add a splash of seltzer. Garnish with a strawberry.
SKYY Barcraft Margarita Lime. (Photo: Jen Pinkston/The Effortless Chic)
3. SKYY Barcraft Margarita Lime:
• 1 part SKYY Barcraft Margarita Lime
• 2 parts Club Soda
Pour 1 part SKYY Barcraft Margarita Lime over ice. Add 2 parts club soda and stir. Garnish with a lime or fruit of your choosing.
4. Clos du Bois Watermelon Wine Spritz:
• Clos du Bois Chardonnay (chilled)
• 2 cups sweet and seedless Watermelon (chilled)
• 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
• Club Soda
Combine watermelon chunks and simple syrup in a blender. Pour the watermelon juice in a double rocks tumbler or wine glass, filled a quarter way. Add ice cubes. Fill the rest of the glass with Clos du Bois Chardonnay. Top off with a splash of club soda and garnish with mint.
RyeBall, Svedka Firecracker, Pink Panther, and Pinnacle Star Spangled Spritzer. (Courtesy Photos)
5. Pink Panther:
• 1.75 oz. Snow Leopard Vodka
• 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
• Top with chilled Fentimans Rose Lemonade
Fill glass to the top with cubed ice. Add 3 dashes of angostura bitters, 1.75oz Snow Leopard. Top up with chilled rose lemonade swizzle garnish and serve.
Courvoisier Summer Punch. (Courtesy Photo)
6. Blueberry Collins:
• 2 oz. Cachaça 51
• 3/4 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• 3/4 oz. Simple Syrup infused with Hibiscus
• 3 to 4 Blueberries
Add ingredients in a shaker tin and shake with ice well. Pour over ice in a Collins glass and top with cold seltzer water. Drop a few blueberries in the glass for garnish.
7. Svedka Firecracker:
• 1 1/2 parts Svedka Vodka
• 1 part Watermelon Schnapps
• 1/2 part Cranberry Juice
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• 1/4 part Blue Curaçao
• Soda Water
Build in the glass. Add watermelon schnapps and cranberry juice over ice, then carefully add lemon, simple syrup, and Svedka as to layer the white layer, then very carefully layer the blue Curacao to create the color separation, and gently top with soda. Garnish with fresh watermelon pieces.
8. Courvoisier Summer Punch:
• 250ml Courvoisier VS Cognac
• 750ml Lemonade
• 20 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
• 3 Orange wheels
• 6 Lemon wheels
Add the freshly cut fruit into a bowl or pitcher, pour in remaining ingredients. Infuse for a few minutes. Serve on ice.
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Star Spangled Sangria. (Courtesy Photo)
9. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Star Spangled Sangria: (Serves 8)
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
• 1 10 oz. bottle Club Soda
• 1 750ml bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Grigio
• 1 Lemon, sliced
• Star Fruit, Strawberries, Blueberries and Mint Leaves for garnish
Dissolve sugar in the lemon juice in a large pitcher. Add club soda, Pinot Grigio, lemon slices and mix well. Note, do not add ice cubes until ready to serve or it will dilute the sangria. Pour into glasses and garnish with star fruit, strawberries, blueberries and/or mint leaves. (Entertaining Tip: When making for a large group, double or triple using a large container with a tap. Put the ice in a tube in the center of the container to keep it from diluting the mixture, but keep it cold. Add in some of the strawberries and oranges in the container to give the drink a festive touch.)
Patriot's Vacation. (Courtesy Photo)
10. Basil Hayden's Bourbon Independence Spice: (Created by Kristi Green)
• 1 1/2 parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
• 1/2 part Fresh Lemon Juice
• 3/4 parts Simple Syrup
• 7 Blackberries
• 7 Mint Leaves
• 2 to 3 parts Sparkling Wine
Muddle 6 blackberries and 6 mint leaves in a Boston Shaker with 1/4 part simple syrup. In the mixing glass, combine Basil Hayden's Bourbon, lemon juice and remaining simple syrup and add to the muddled blackberries and mint leaves. Add ice and shake. Double strain into a Collins glass with fresh crushed ice. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a skewered mint leaf and blackberry.
11. Patriot's Vacation:
• 2 oz. New Amsterdam Coconut Vodka
• 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
• .5 oz. Sugar Syrup
• 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
• Orange Twist
Stir all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with an orange twist, and serve.
Basil Hayden's Bourbon Independence Spice, Blueberry Collins, and Acai Ecotini. (Courtesy Photos)
12. Grilled Peaches: (Created by John McCarthy of Cedar Local and Bathtub Gin)
• 1.5 oz. Brugal Extra Dry
• .5 oz. Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
• .25 oz. Honey Syrup (equal parts Honey and Water)
• Half of a grilled and peeled Peach
• .5 oz. Brugal 1888
• 2 oz. Club Soda
In a cocktail shaker muddle peach. Combine remaining ingredients in the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into Collins glass over fresh ice Add club soda, float Brugal 1888 on top and garnish with a grilled Peach slice.
Strawberry Firecracker. (Courtesy Photo)
13. Pinnacle Star Spangled Spritzer:
• 1 part Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
• 1 part DeKuyper Blue Curacao Liqueur
• 1 part Grenadine
• Splash of Club Soda
Carefully pour ingredients separately into rocks glass. Add ice and a fruit garnish.
• 1 part Alberta Rye Dark Batch Whisky
• 4 to 5 parts Hard Cider
• 1 dash Aromatic Bitters
Build in collins glass over ice.
15. Strawberry Firecracker: (Created by John Henderson of The Happiest Hour in New York City)
• 1 1/2 parts Sugar Island Coconut
• 1 to 2 Strawberries
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• 1 to 2 packets of your choice of Sugar Substitute
• Splash of Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
Muddle sweetener and strawberries together; add lime, rum and ice. Shake and strain into a tall glass with ice. Top with a splash of ginger ale (diet optional) or ginger beer. Garnish with half a strawberry on the rim of the glass.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com