. Dobel Perfect Paloma. (Courtesy Photo)
Once a year, it's your responsibility to make your father feel like a king for a day (twice a year if you count his birthday, which you really should). Whether you have an annual tradition, like a family fishing trip in Montauk, or just plan to relax this Father's Day, grab his favorite spirit and mix him up something special.
1. Ten Southside:
• 1.25 oz. Tanqueray No. TEN
• .5 oz. Lime Juice
• .5 oz. Simple Syrup
• 2 sprigs of Mint
Muddle one mint sprig with lime & simple. Add Tanqueray and shake well. Pour into glass over crushed ice and stir until the outside of the glass frosts. Top with soda and garnish with sprig of mint
Ten Southside. (Courtesy Photo)
2. Dobel Perfect Paloma:
• 2 oz. Dobel Tequila
• 4 oz. Grapefruit Soda
• Top with Lime Juice
Combine ingredients over ice. Garnish with lime wedge and serve.
3. Tom's Back Porch: (Created by Cassandra Rosen)
• 1 oz. Azzurre Gin
• 8 large fresh Mint Leaves
• 1 cup Ice
• 3 oz. Ginger Peach Tea (brewed in advance)
• 5 oz. freshly squeezed Lime Juice
• 3 oz. Monin Peach Syrup
• 2 oz. Club Soda
Muddle mint leaves and ice in a shaker. Add the rest of the ingredients, shake well. Pour into a glass filled with ice, and top with soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
French Negroni. (Courtesy Photo)
Tom's Back Porch. (Courtesy Photo)
4. Cucumber Chili Margarita:
• 2 parts Sauza Cucumber Chili Tequila
• 1 part DeKuyper Triple Sec Liqueur
• 2 parts fresh Lemon Sour
• Juice of a whole Lime
• Lime and a slice of Cucumber (for garnish)
In a glass filled with ice, combine Sauza Cucumber Chili Tequila, DeKuyper Triple Sec Liqueur, fresh lemon sour and juice of a whole lime. Garnish with a lime and float a thin slice of cucumber.
5. French Negroni:
• 1 oz. La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Blanc
• 1 oz. G'Vine Gin Floraison
• 1 oz. Suze Gentiane Liqueur
Stir all ingredients with ice and strain into chilled glass. Garnish with a lemon zest.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com