No matter what you've got planned this year, take the time to make a special toast to mom with one of these eleven Mother's Day cocktail ideas.
1. Azzurre Lavender Collins:
• 1.5 oz. Azzurre Gin
• .75 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• .5 oz. Lavender Syrup
• Top Club Soda
• Lemon Wedge and Lavender Sprig for garnish
Squeeze lemon into a Collins glass to release juice and oils. Add lavender syrup and Azzurre gin. Stir and fill with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a lemon wedge and lavender sprig.
Knob Creek Big Brunch and Mom's Honey Tea Cooler. (Courtesy Photos)
2. Rumspresso: (Created by Tad Carducci)
• 1 1/2 oz. Diplomatico
• 1/2 oz. Varnelli Moka Liqueur
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 1/2 oz. Espresso
• Ginger Beer
Shake all but ginger beer and strain over ice fresh ice in a tall glass. Fill with ginger beer and stir. Garnish with a lime wheel.
3. Mom's Honey Tea Cooler:
• 2 parts Hornitos Spiced Honey Tequila
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Agave
• 4 parts Black Tea
• Lemon Wheel
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
New Amsterdam Mango Sunrise and Persephone. (Courtesy Photos)
4. Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Cooler: (Created by Cruzan Mixologist Jesse Card)
• 2 parts Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Rum
• 3/4 part Fresh Grapefruit Juice
• 1 small pinch Sea Salt
• Club Soda
Combine rum, grapefruit juice and salt over ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Double strain into a glass over ice and top with club soda. Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
Azzurre Lavender Collins. (Courtesy Photo)
5. New Amsterdam Mango Sunrise:
• 1.5 parts New Amsterdam Mango Flavored Vodka
• 2 parts Orange Juice
• A splash of Lemon-Lime Soda
Shake ingredients together in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Strain into a rocks or highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with a mango wedge and mint leaf.
6. She's the Boss Bloody Mary:
• 2 parts Skinnygirl
• 2 parts low-sodium Tomato Juice
• Splash of fresh Lemon Juice
• Squeeze of fresh Lime Juice
• Dash of Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
• Dash of Hot Sauce
• Sprinkle of Celery Salt
• Lime for garnish
• Cucumber for garnish
• Celery stalk for garnish
Mix ingredients and pour over ice. Garnish with lime and cucumber.
An Afternoon in France, Q Rise & Shine, Rumspresso, and She's the Boss Bloody Mary. (Courtesy Photos)
7. An Afternoon in France:
• 2 parts Courvoisier
• 1 part fresh squeezed Grapefruit Juice
• .5 parts fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
• .5 parts Honey Syrup
Shake and strain into a rocks glass over one big ice cube. Garnish with a grapefruit and lemon twist.
8. Q Rise & Shine:
• 6 oz. Q Ginger
• 1 oz. Del Maguey San Luis Del Rio Organic Mezcal
• 1 oz. Ancho Reyes Liqueur
• Slice of Blood Orange
Fill a highball glass with ice. Add mescal and liqueur. Top with Ginger Beer and stir gently. Garnish with a slice of blood orange.
Sugar Plum Fizz. (Courtesy Photo)
9. Persephone: (Created by Great Performances)
• 1 1/2 oz. Ron Zacapa 23 yr Aged Rum
• 3/4 oz. Pomegranate Juice
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 1/4 oz. Agave Nectar
• 1 coin JalapeŮo
Muddle the jalapeno and mint. Build the rest of the ingredients and shake with ice. Strain mixture over fresh ice in high ball. Do not double strain.
10. Sugar Plum Fizz: (Created by Nicole Trzaska of The Liberty in New York City)
• 1 1/2 parts Ménage à Trois
• 1/4 part fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/4 part Cherry Herring
• 1/4 part Simple Syrup
• Egg White
• Plum Bitters
In a cocktail shaker add vodka and cheering herring shake and strain over ice. In a separate shaker prepare egg white sour mixture. Pour over top and dash with Plum bitters; garnish with three Luxardo cherries.
11. Knob Creek Big Brunch:
• 1 1/2 parts Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon
• 1/2 part Blood Orange Liqueur
• 1/2 cup Orange Juice
• 1 Orange slice
• Fresh Mint Leaves to taste
• Sprig for garnish
In a shaker, mix together Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon, blood orange liqueur, orange juice and mint leaves. Shake and pour over ice in a low glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint and an orange slice.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com