Berry Breeze. (Courtesy Photo)
As the leaves begin to change colors and sizzling summer weather becomes a fading memory, here are five fall-themed cocktails utilizing some of our favorite autumn flavors.
1. Basil Hayden's Autumn Harvest: created by Charles Joly
• 2 parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
• 3/4 part Heering Cherry Liquor
• 1 dash Aromatic Bitters
• 2 parts Milk Stout Beer
• Fresh Nutmeg
Combine Basil Hayden's Bourbon, cherry liquor and bitters in a mixing glass. Add ice and shake. Roll in the milk stout beer. Strain into an Old Fashioned glass with ice. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a cherry on top.
2. Hot Apple Rum:
Basil Hayden's Autumn Harvest. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Sugar Island Spiced Rum
• 2 parts Apple Cider
• 2 to 3 slices of Orange
• 3 to 5 Cinnamon sticks
Combine ingredients in a crock-pot and stir; heat up and serve as needed. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
3. Berry Breeze:
• 2 parts Ménage à Trois Berry Vodka
• 3 parts Cranberry Juice
• 1 part Grapefruit Juice
• 1/2 part Tres Agaves, Agave Nectar
• 3 Seasonal Berries
Add plenty of ice to a pint glass, then Ménage à Trois Berry Vodka, cranberry and grapefruit juice. Stir with a bar spoon, then garnish with 3 seasonal berries.
4. Hot Pumpkin Spice Tequila:
Hot Pumpkin Spice Tequila. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1.5 parts Sauza Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 1/2 part Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
• 3 parts Cream
• 1 part Sugar
• 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
• 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 6 parts freshly brewed Hot Coffee
• Whipped Cream and additional Cinnamon (for garnish)
In a saucepan, combine cream with pumpkin syrup, sugar, vanilla, spices and coffee until hot. Pour into mug, add Sauza Blue Silver and stir. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
5. Sweet Harvest Cider:
• 3 parts Pinnacle CranApple Vodka
• 3 parts Hard Apple Cider
• 2 parts Lemon Juice
• 1 part Elderflower Syrup
Combine Pinnacle, elderflower syrup and lemon juice and shake over ice. Strain into a pint glass and top with cider. Garnish with apple slices.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com