This Father's Day, celebrate dad by mixing him up one of these six creative cocktails, which range from a classic martini to a bacon infused bourbon libation.
1. Dad's Night Off Martini:
You can't go wrong with a dry martini.
• 1.7 oz. Belvedere
• .7 oz. Dry Vermouth
Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato Mint Julep. (Courtesy Photo)
2. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato Mint Julep:
If you're celebrating with a Hamptons backyard BBQ, try this refreshing option.
• 3 oz. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato
• 3 tsp Seltzer Water
• 3 sprigs fresh Mint
• Extra large Ice Cubes
To make mint ice cubes, tear up about 8 mint leaves and freeze with water the night before. Muddle six mint leaves, powdered sugar and seltzer water in a glass or cocktail shaker. Add Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Moscato and shake or stir lightly to mix. Add ice cubes to your serving glass, pour drink over the ice and garnish with the remaining mint. (Note: to make the mint ice cubes, chop several mint leaves and freeze them with water in ice cube trays the night before serving.)
3. Violet Collins:
Adam Miller created this concoction, which is available at Bay Kitchen Bar
(39 Gann Road, East Hampton, 631-329-3663, baykitchenbar.com
• 2 oz. Brooklyn Gin
• 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 oz. Simple Syrup
• Splash of Club Soda
• Candied Violet Infused Iced Cube
Mix all ingredients in a shaker and pour over ice. Place candied violet infused iced cubes so the drink doesn't get watered down. Garnish with lime wedge.
Violet Collins, Dad's Night Off Martini, and New Amsterdam's Orange Classic. (Courtesy Photos)
4. The All American:
Bacon lovers will flip for this cocktail crafted by Nicole Trzaska of The Liberty Bar NYC (29 West 35th Street, New York, 212-967-4000, thelibertynyc.com
• 1.5 parts Bacon Infused Maker's Mark Bourbon
• 1/4 part Crown Maple Syrup
• 3 to 4 dashes Angostura Bitters
• Strip of cooked Bacon for garnish
In a rocks glass stir bitters and Crown Maple, top with bacon infused bourbon. Add ice and garnish with a strip of cooked bacon.
Bacon Infused Maker's Mark Bourbon:
The All American. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Cook 3 to 4 strips of thick bacon, enough to yield 1 ounce of fat.
2. Once bacon fat has cooled to room temperature, pour in to a storage container.
3. Add 750mL Maker's Mark Bourbon, cover and freeze overnight.
4. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain bourbon in to a new container removing large bits of bacon.
5. Lastly, double strain your bourbon back in to the bottle.
5. Cruzan Better Than A Necktie:
We all know dad likes to kick back with a cold brew, but mix it up on Father's Day with this Cruzan cocktail.
• 1 part Cruzan Single Barrel Rum
• 1/2 part DeKuyper
• 1/4 part Fresh Lime Juice
• IPA Beer
Add Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, Vanilla and Fresh Lime Juice to a pint glass. Slowly pour IPA to combine.
6. New Amsterdam's Orange Classic:
For dads that enjoy signature drinks, make him New Amsterdam's twist on a screwdriver.
• 1 oz. New Amsterdam Orange Flavored Vodka
• 1 oz. Triple Sec
• 2 oz. Orange Juice
Shake ingredients together in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Strain into a rocks or highball glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish with an orange wheel. Add a squeeze of lime or a splash of soda water to cut sweetness, if desired.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com