- If you are a tequila lover like me then you have to celebrate National Tequila day which is tomorrow, so sit back and enjoy one of these delicious concoctions. Whether you want a guilt free cocktail or are looking to try something with flair here are the top ten tequila based cocktails to enjoy National Tequila day.
1. Beso de la Mañana:
Named kiss of the morning, this cocktail is the perfect way to start your day if you don't have to work.
• 2 oz. Vida Blanco
• 1 Lime squeezed
• 3/4 oz. Grand Marnier
• 1/4 oz. Amaretto
• 2 Tablespoons Orange marmelade
Combine all ingredients, shake, and serve in a chilled 10 ounce martini glass. Add an orange wheel garnish.
2. Skinnygirl Viva Las Margarita:
This cocktail not only tastes great but is guilt free with a total of only 215 calories.
• 4 oz. Skinnygirl Margarita
• 1 oz. Agave syrup
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar for rim of glass
Cover rim of margarita glass with layer of sugar. Blend Skinnygirl Margarita agave syrup, and ice. Pour into sugar rimmed glass. Serve over the rocks in an 8 oz. glass.
3. Guilt-Free Margarita:
Another low calorie option with some fizz.
• 2 oz. Perrier Slim Can Lime Flavor
• 2 oz. Avión
• 1 oz. Lime Juice
• Slice of Lime
Combine ingredients, add ice and garnish with a slice of lime.
4. The Sweet Vida:
You won't need dessert after having one of these.
• 1 oz. Vida Reposado
• 2 oz. Kahlau
• 2-3 oz. Cream
In a shaker with ice cubes add Vida Reposado, Kahlau and cream. Shake well, strain and pour into a martini glass.
5. Strawberry Mint Julep:
A twist on a traditional Mint Julep using tequila as the base.
• 1 Large strawberry
• ¼ Peeled orange
• ¼ Lime unpeeled
• ½ Teaspoon sugar
• 4 Large mint leaves
• 1 oz. Clase Azul Plata tequila
• 4 oz. All natural pure lemonade
In a shaker combine: strawberry, peeled orange, lime unpeeled, sugar, mint leaves. Muddle all ingredients until well combined and juices are extracted. Add tequila and lemonade. Fill with ice and shake. Strain into a low-ball Julep glass filled with fresh ice and garnish with a fresh strawberry and sprig of mint.
6. Vida Rocks:
For those who like it straight.
• 2 oz. Vida Tequila
• 4 Ice cubes
Pour tequila over ice and enjoy.
7. Peligroso Fresh Watermelon Margarita:
This easy to make cocktail utilizes my favorite fruit of summer watermelon.
• 2 oz. Peligroso Silver Tequila
• 1/2 Fresh lime
• 1 oz. Agave nectar
• 4 oz. Fresh Watermelon Juice
Shake well and serve with the rocks in the glass of your choice (no salt)
8. Pineapple Margarita:
This sweet concoction is perfect for any summer party.
• 1 Cup chopped
• 1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint
• 10 oz. Clase Azul Plata tequila
• 12 oz. Fresh pineapple juice
• 12 oz. Lemon-lime soda
• Crushed ice
Combine pineapple and mint in a pitcher, muddle. Add the tequila, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda. Serve over crushed ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serves 4 to 6 people.
9. The Green Tequilatini:
If you love apple martinis but want to try a variation here is a great option.
• 2 oz. Vida Reposado
• 4 oz. Freshly juiced green apple
Juice 4 fresh apples and combine with Vida Reposado in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain the mixture and pour into a martini glass. For a stronger agave flavor use Vida Blanco,
10. Tequila Mockingbird:
For a refreshing cocktail which is sweet and a tad spicy.
• 1 oz. Clase Azul Plata tequila
• 1.5 oz. Watermelon-Basil Purée- see below
• 1/2 Lime squeezed
• 1/2 oz. Agave nectar
• 1 Jalapeño pepper slice
In a shaker, muddle the jalapeño slice. Add remaining ingredients and fill with ice. Shake and double strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Serves one martini.
• 2 Cups fresh chopped watermelon
• 7 Basil leaves
Purée both ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com