- Tired of Valentine's Day? You're not alone - the last few years have seen a crusade against what's being not-so-affectionately called "VD." This Valentine's day, Tequila Avión
says skip the fake Hallmark sentiments or feeling bad for flying solo and have a little fun with the occasion.
Here are a few ideas from Tequila Avión about how to have your own Anti-Valentine's Day Party. Even couples are ditching the over-the-top romance to make fun of Valentine's Day with their friends, so why shouldn't you?
• Have an "Entourage" themed party and celebrate friendship just like on the hit show from HBO
• Get your Anti-Valentine's Day swag. Many online retailers sell t-shirts and mean candy hearts that will have you and your friends laughing. Try http://shop.cafepress.com/anti-valentine's-day
• Sip smooth Tequila Avión. It inherits its exceptionally smooth taste from the finest Blue Weber Agave found in 7,000 feet in elevation. Unlike other tequilas, the elevated taste enables Avión to be drunk on the rocks and doesn't need a chaser or complement. If you went with the "Entourage" theme, your friends will be happy to find out that Turtle's tequila from the last two seasons is both real and exceptionally good.
• Watch an anti-VD day movie such as "American Beauty" or "Kill Bill."
• 2 parts of Avión Añejo
Serve Avión Añejo over ice and serve up in a rocks glass.
Pink Passion. (Courtesy Photo: Evins Communications)
Spice It Up!: One thing both men and women agree on at the bar? Whiskey. It looks rugged and manly with a man, while sexy with a woman. Spend this Valentine's Day with your better half, sipping bourbon neat or in a classic Manhattan, and allow the aromatic blend of caramel, vanilla and spice flavors are guaranteed to woo both of your taste buds.
• 1 1/2 parts Bourbon
• 1/2 part sweet vermouth
• 1 tsp. maraschino cherry juice
Fill a mixing glass or cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice. Add bourbon, a good quality sweet vermouth, and maraschino cherry juice. Shake or stir for about 30 seconds. Strain the mixture into your glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry or two.
Love is in the Air - Author Rudyard Kipling once said that pisco is "compounded of the shavings of cherubs' wings, the glory of a tropical dawn, [and] the red clouds of sunset." This Valentine's Day, spoil the love of your life with Cupid's chosen spirit - Pisco Portón
. The Pisco inside is round and velvety and has a luxurious aroma with notes of cinnamon, orange blossom, and citrus. An exciting alternative to traditional romance-enhancing beverages like wine and champagne, Pisco Portón is distilled from grapes and can be enjoyed neat or mixed in cocktails.
With one sip you will fall in love with the world's most romantic spirit, Pisco Portón.
• 2 parts Pisco Portón
• 1 part pomegranate juice
• 1 part tangerine juice
• Sugar to taste
• Pomegranate seeds for garnish
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.