The Herradura Velvet Rope Cocktail
Originally Posted: January 16, 2012
The Velvet Rope. (Courtesy Photo: Formula PR, Inc.)
Southampton - Following the broadcast of The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards recognizing excellence in film and television, toast all the winners the new Herradura Velvet Rope Cocktail, stirred up by Mark Drew, Casa Herradura Brand Ambassador.
The Velvet Rope
• 2 oz. Herradura Reposado
• 3/4 oz. Fresh squeezed lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Simple syrup
• 1/2 oz. Egg white
• 1/2 oz. Red Wine - Zinfandel works best here
• Coupe (or classic cocktail glass)
• Garnish: Red wine float
• Place Herradura Reposado, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white into an empty shaker. Close shaker and shake with no ice, this technique is known as dry shaking and it emulsifies the egg leaving the drink light and fluffy.
• Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously
• Strain into a chilled coupe/cocktail glass
• Float the red wine over the foam.