This holiday season, enhance the beautiful, fruit-forward flavors of Kim Crawford
's Sauvignon Blanc while impressing guests with the Gourmet Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Gelée. The festive multipurpose dish can be used as palate cleanser during a seated dinner party or passed around as guests arrive.
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Gelée: (Makes 18 to 24 gelées)
• 1 1/3 cup sparkling grapefruit juice
• 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate (thawed)
• 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
• 2/3 cup Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
• Fresh grapefruit segments for garnish
• Edible gold flecks
1. Pour juice and limeade concentrate into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin.
2. Allow the gelatin to soak 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Heat over very low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. (Note: Mixture may be foamy initially—this will dissipate.)
4. Remove from heat and stir in wine.
5. Pour mixture into loaf pan or molds and place in fridge to set for several hours or overnight.
6. Cut gelée into desired shapes/take out of mold.
7. Garnish each gelée with a small segment of grapefruit and a sprinkle gold flakes on top.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com