Whether you're a vegetarian or simply enjoy a protein filled, meatless dish, House Foods' Tofu Chili is a delectable way to close out Vegetarian Awareness Month (October).
• 1 pkg House Foods Tofu
Extra Firm (drained and cubed)
• 1 Tbs
. olive oil
• 3/4 cup onion, chopped
• 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
• 2 Tbs. chili powder
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1 Tbs. brown sugar
• 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 (16oz.) can kidney beans
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 1 can low sodium tomato sauce
• dash paprika
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
3. Add vegetable broth, bell pepper, jalepeno, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and kidney beans, stirring to combine.
4. Add tomato sauce and simmer for about 30 minutes or until kidney beans and peppers are cooked through.
5. Add cubed tofu and cook additional minute or two.
6.Serve and enjoy.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com