It's football season which means Sunday get-togethers filled with mouth watering food. Chef Sam Talbot
has created an easy to make Mexican-inspired starter perfect for any Hamptons fiesta, whether you are a New York Jets
or New York Giants
fan. To accentuate the delicious flavors pair with Thorny Rose Cabernet Sauvignon.
Guacamole with Feta Cheese and Almonds:
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted in the oven
• 4 Hass avocados
• Grated zest and juice of 3 lemons
• 6 to 8 dashes of hot sauce
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1/3 cup feta cheese
• 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
• 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a food processor, process the almonds until coarsely ground.
2. Halve the avocadoes, pit, and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
3. Add the lemon zest and juice, hot sauve, onion, feta, and ground almonds.
4. Mix until well combined, mashing the avocado with the back of a spoon.
5. Fold in the tomatoes and oil.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com