From Montauk to Southampton, enjoy a few extra sweets this holiday season during these seasonal workshops and parties.
1. Children's Museum of the East End
(CMEE) (376 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton, 631-537-8250, www.cmee.org
) is hosting two Gingerbread House Decorating Workshops this December. On Saturday, December 6th at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m., and on December 13th at 10 a.m., children of all ages are invited to decorate a pre-built gingerbread house with a selection of enchanting options. Entry is $20 for members per house or $30 for non-members per house.
2. Join the Friends of the Montauk Library (871 Montauk Highway, Montauk, 631-668-3377, www.montauklibrary.org
) on Tuesday, December 9th from 7:30 to 9 p.m. for their annual Cookie Party. Attendees should bring a plate of homemade cookies to swap and share while they mingle with old and new friends.
CMEE, the Hampton Library and Guild Hall are hosting Gingerbread House Decorating Workshops. (Photo: www.istockphoto.com/egal)
3. Southampton Historical Museum (631-283-2494, www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org
) is hosting another Hamptons holiday season Cookie Exchange. On Thursday, December 11th at 4 p.m., guests will trade dozens of recipes as well as cookies (3 dozen maximum) while enjoying cheese, crackers, and wine or cider. Admission is $5 per person.
4. On Saturday, December 13th, join Guild Hall (158 Main Street, East Hampton, 631-324-0806, www.guildhall.org
) from 12:30 to 2 p.m. for a Citarella Gingerbread House Decorating Workshop. Attendees will take home a beautifully decorated house and all the edible adornments are included. Entry is $20 for non-members per house or $15 for members per house.
5. Hampton Library in Bridgehampton ( 2478 Main Street, Bridgehampton, 631-537-0015, www.hamptonlibrary.org
) is holding their annual gingerbread house decorating event on Saturday, December 13th from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Attendees will craft a warm, delicious, house that they will adorn with sugary sweets.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com