Tuesday, September 16th is National Guacamole Day and Dos Caminos is celebrating by sharing their tasty Chipotle-Goat Cheese Guacamole recipe. Pair the guac and chips with a Marvelous Mango Margarita.
Chipotle-Goat Cheese Guacamole:
(makes 4 servings)
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped
• 2 tsp. finely chopped white onion
• 2 tsp. minced jalapeño or Serrano chilies (optional: remove seeds and membranes)
• 1/2 tsp. teaspoon Kosher salt
• 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
• 1 small plum tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
• 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
• 2 tbsp. chopped canned chipotle chilies
Marvelous Mango Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
1. In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
2. Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth.
3. Add 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped canned chipotle chilles.
4. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture.
5. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings.
6. Serve with warm corn tortilla chips.
Marvelous Mango Margarita:
• 1 part Sauza
Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 1/2 part JDK & Sons
O3 Premium Orange Liqueur
• 1/2 large ripe Mango
• 2 parts fresh Orange Juice
• 2/3 part Lime Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• 4 parts Ice
Peel, seed and chop your mango. If you have time you can freeze your prepared mango at this point. Otherwise, put all ingredients except for the ice into your blender and blend until smooth. Then add the ice. Pour the margarita into a glass and enjoy.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com