- "Sex and the City 2" has unleased fashion and cocktail favorites. Enjoy some of these while discussing the new film with friends. Below are some delicious cocktail ideas, each inspired by the lead characters.
"Red Over Heels."
Raising a martini
glass to fabulous women everywhere, SKYY Vodka is again the official vodka and promotional partner for the highly anticipated film. "Sex and The City 2" provides no better excuse to break out the cocktail shakers, slip on your hottest pair of pumps and round up your girlfriends to experience a little "Cocktail Couture."
Coinciding with the film's release, SKYY is teaming up with renowned 'Sex and the City' costume designer Patricia Field
to bring Cocktail Couture to life, with a new, limited edition "Sex and the City 2" SKYY bottle designed by Field. Capturing all the glamour of the film and marking the first themed change to the iconic blue bottle in its history, the new fabulous SKYY bottle will be on store shelves nationwide May 1.
Some yummy cocktails inspired by the film's ladies (and gents) are below, so whether you enjoy a cocktail as colorful as your wardrobe or a classic that'll last as long as your favorite pair of jeans, there is a "Sex and the City 2" cocktail that suits your style.
Previews indicate the ladies embark on a great adventure, so sit back in the comfort of your home, whip up a patch of celebratory cocktails and let the deal with crowded airports and lost luggage!
• 2 oz. SKYY Vodka
• 0.5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 0.5 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
• 0.5 oz. Simple Syrup or 1 tsp. sugar
• Drop of Crème de cassis
Rim a crystallized Swarovski martini glass with Crème de cassis and sugar. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into the martini glass. Finish the cocktail with a drop of Crème de cassis on top.
• To rim the martini glass, first dip rim of glass in a shallow dish filled with Crème de cassis and immediately place rim in another shallow dish with sugar, rotating the glass to ensure the whole rim is covered.
"Park Avenue Princess."
• 2 oz. SKYY Infusions Pineapple
• 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
• 0.75 oz. Triple Sec
• 0.75 oz. Crème de Cacao
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Park Avenue Princess
• 1.5 oz. SKYY Infusions Grape
• 3 oz. 7Up
• 0.25 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 0.25 oz. Red Wine
Squeeze and drop half a lemon into a cocktail shaker. Add SKYY Infusions Grape and 7Up with ice and stir. Strain into a tall Collins glass with fresh ice, and float red wine over top of drink.
Red Over Heels
• 2 oz. SKYY Infusions Ginger
• 1 oz. Honey Syrup
• 0.75 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass. Lay lemon peel twirl across the rim of the glass with cocktail pick.
• To create Honey Syrup, combine 0.5 oz. water with 0.5 oz. honey.
• 2 oz. SKYY Infusions Cherry
• 0.5 oz. Wild Turkey 101
• 0.75 oz. Cola
Cmbine SKYY Infusions Cherry Vodka, Wild Turkey Bourbon and Cola in a cocktail shaker with ice and stir. Pour into a double rocks glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry.