| Showing Results 1 to 20 of 251
by Devon Aragona
- New York State Senator Ken LaValle honored local valedictorians and salutatorians during ceremony.
by Devon Aragona
- LongHouse Reserves had their Student Annual VI, where local arts educators, student peers, and LongHouse Reserve representatives honored outstanding submissions from more than three hundred entries of student artwork inspired by visits to the art center.
by Andrew Nachemson
- The Pierson High School baseball team of Sag Harbor will advance to the New York State Final Four in Class C after winning the regional final on Tuesday.
by Michelle DiLungo
- The Bridgehampton Historical Society has announced Bridgehampton resident Jacob Hostetter as their 2013 scholarship program winner.
by Nicole Barylski
- Family Life Teacher Anastasia Gavalas received The Fair Media Council's Media Savvy Teacher Award for her work with Southampton Elementary and Intermediate School students on Wednesday May 9, 2012.
- Forty-five teams of high school students across Nassau and Suffolk Counties are studying environmental topics and preparing to show-off their knowledge at the 14th Annual "Long Island Regional Envirothon Competition."
- In 2011, Suffolk County Legislator Jay Schneiderman (I-Montauk) provided the Quogue School Districts PTA with a Community Support Initiative Grant for the rebuilding of the Quogue School District playground.
- Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. (I, D, WF-Sag Harbor), State Senator Ken LaValle, and Southampton Town Supervisor Anna Throne-Holst have co-authored a plan to ensure that the Southampton and Community College campuses in Southampton would always be dedicated to higher education.
- The annual Art Show is coming up for the Children's International Workshop. This event has taken place every year since the school opened its doors back in 1978.
- Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. applauded Governor Cuomo and the New York State Legislature for their continued commitment to education, increasing state aid to SUNY and CUNY community colleges by $39.1 million (per Academic Year) in the 2012-2013 State Budget.
- Senator Kenneth P. LaValle announced that the just passed NY State Budget legislation included language that ensures the Rocky Point School District will receive $2.3 million in building aid for capital improvement projects within the district dating back to before 2007.
- Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. reported that the State Assembly had approved an $805 million increase in State Aid to Education as part of the Final 2012 State Budget
- Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. (I, D, WF-Sag Harbor) welcomed local students to the Assembly Chamber in Albany.
- Stony Brook University School of Journalism announced that the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation has awarded a $285,000 grant to the Center for News Literacy to fund the creation and delivery of digital materials demanded by the rapid spread of News Literacy courses.
- Legislator Jay Schneiderman honored Mikayla Mott and Christi Dawydiak, who are exceptional honor students.
- Ever wonder what all this is? Join us and find out as you take a “Walk in Their Shoes” in this interactive workshop participants: teachers, parents, caregivers, siblings, or anyone interested will gain a better understanding of the lives of individuals with learning differences.
- The Sag Harbor Elementary School held its first ever Talent Variety Show at Bay Street Theatre last Sunday. The show gave kids an opportunity to perform in front of a live audience in a professional setting. Bay Street Theatre donated the space and personnel time to run the event.
by Tony Vargas
- Parents, grandparents, teachers, social workers or anyone dealing with young people is encouraged to see this film.
- Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. announced his support for a groundbreaking agreement on a new statewide evaluation system that will make New York State a national leader in holding teachers accountable for student achievement.
- There's help applying for college financial aid during Student Financial Aid Awareness Month. Now through February 25, New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is helping students and families complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.