| Showing Results 81 to 100 of 131
- Congressman Tim Bishop explains his vote for the Budget Control Act of 2011.
- Congressman Tim Bishop announced his co-sponsorship of legislation that will make pay for Members of Congress the lowest priority should Congress fail to raise the debt ceiling and America defaults.
- Congressman Tim Bishop announced he will not vote for the new debt proposal by House Speaker John Boehner. The new debt proposal would continue the specter of government default.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has announced plans to begin dredging Lake Montauk on October 1, according to Congressman Tim Bishop.
- Congressman Tim Bishop voted against the Republican Agriculture appropriations bill in protest of the GOP effort to gut funding for the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- On Friday, June 15, 2011 Suffolk County Legislator Jay Schneiderman will celebrate the kick-off of his 2011 campaign for re-election at East Hampton Point.
- Over the past several months and two weeks in particular, there has been speculation about whether or not I would be running this year for the position of Southampton Town Supervisor."
- Congressman Tim Bishop's amendment to add $75 million in federal funding for rail and mass transit security was defeated by near-unanimous Republican opposition.
- Congressman Tim Bishop voted against increasing America's debt ceiling without substantive action to confront the nation's budget deficit.
- Congressman Tim Bishop spearheaded a successful effort to address the health crisis among veterans exposed to airborne toxins from open air "burn pits" in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Congressman Tim Bishop announced he has secured federal funds through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) for a number of important Suffolk County projects.
- New York State Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. (I, D, WF-Sag Harbor) has co-sponsored legislation that would make gasoline supply agreements illegal which prohibit a gasoline retailer from selling unbranded gasoline.
- The East Hampton Town Republican Committee (EHTRC) announced its candidates for the upcoming East Hampton Town election.
- Congressman Tim Bishop continued his leadership on energy issues by introducing a comprehensive energy bill to protect American consumers from high gas prices and reduce the deficit by repealing unwarranted tax breaks for Big Oil.
- Congressman Tim Bishop unveiled the Big Oil Welfare Repeal Act, new legislation to end billions in taxpayer subsidies the largest oil companies continue to receive despite sky high gas prices and record profits.
- Babylon Town Supervisor Steve Bellone announced his campaign to become the next Suffolk County Executive.
- Congressman Tim Bishop said the President's call for Congress to repeal oil industry subsidies and use the savings to develop clean energy is "almost as good an idea as it was when I proposed it in 2005."
by Nicole A. Flotteron
- Congressman Tim Bishop of New York's First Congressional District, held a conference call with members of the media to discuss the recent agreement to fund the government through September.
- A spirited group of supporters gathered last Wednesday at Bridget Fleming's campaign headquarters on Jobs Lane in Southampton to hear the candidate.