Before the Easter Bunny makes his visit to Hamptons' homes to fill baskets with delicious Easter candy, stop by one of these fun family friendly Hamptons Easter happenings.
1. The Southampton Village Police Benevolent Association 2013 Annual Easter Egg Hunt (www.southamptonchamber.com
) in Agawam Park
will begin at 10 a.m.on Friday, March 29, 2013. Toddlers to 12 years old can partake in the search for special golden egg and then have their picture taken with the Easter Bunny and McGruff The Crime Dog.
2. Break out your best Easter bonnet for the Sag Harbor 18th Annual Easter Bonnet Parade starting at 1 p.m. on Saturday March 30, 2013. All ages along with pets are welcome to walk Main Street. The parade starts at Bookhampton
(20 Main Street, Sag Harbor, 631-725-8425) and will end at the Sag Harbor Garden Center (11 Spring Street, Sag Harbor, 631-725-3345, www.sagharborgarden.com
) which is hosting their Annual Petting Zoo from 12 to 2 p.m. Bring the kids to meet animals from the Cornell's Suffolk County farm.
3. The Easter Bunny will be stopping by The Amagansett Square from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 30, 2013. Children can take part in an Easter Egg Hunt, face painting, egg decorating and more family fun.
4. Bunnies, bunnies, everywhere during the Amagansett Free Library (215 Main Street, Amagansett, 631-267-3810, www.amaglibrary.org
) Bunny Hop Story And Craft Time on Saturday, March 30, 2013. Beginning at 3:30 p.m. they'll share favorite bunny stories, practice bunny hops, and get crafty with bunny ears.
5. Bring the kids to the Quogue Wildlife Refuge
(3 Old Country Road, Quogue, 631- 653-4771, quoguewildliferefuge.org
) for Eggstravaganza beginning at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 30, 2013. Children can view the Refuge's egg & nest collection for inspiration from before decorating their own colored and decorated 'nests' to take home.
6. Gurney's (290 Old Montauk Highway, Montauk, 631-668-2345, www.gurneysinn.com
) Annual Easter Egg Hunt begins at 10:30 a.m. followed by fun and games with the Easter bunny on Sunday, March 31, 2013.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com