| Showing Results 2521 to 2523 of 2523
- Senator Kenneth P. LaValle honored Good Samaritans Alexander Rabinovich, Eftimia Tsapouris, and Biruta Krilova, all from Wading River, with the New York State Senate Liberty Award.
- Honor Flight Long Island is proud to announce that its next flight, on Saturday, September 25, will carry its 500th Long Island Veteran to the WWII Memorial in Washington, DC.
- The New York State Insurance Department has activated its Disaster Hotline to help consumers with insurance questions following the wind storm that caused extensive property damage Thursday evening.
- After nearly three years of advocacy, Legislator Jay Schneiderman announced that county trailers used to house homeless sex offenders will be leaving the South Fork - permanently.
- Assemblyman Fred W. Thiele, Jr. (I-Sag Harbor) announced that Governor David Paterson signed legislation that relates to commercial fishing vessels.
- East Hampton resident Christopher Cerf is one of the winners of the 2010 McGraw Prize in Education which was announced this morning
- State Board of Elections reminds all state residents to register to vote for the November 2 general election. Mail-in voter registration forms must be postmarked by midnight, Friday, October 8.
by Brittany Buckley
- The busy summer season is over and local businesses are feeling the economic chill. Due to recently announced budget cuts, Saks Fifth Avenue, a cornerstone business in Southampton, is closing on Saturday, October 9, 2010.
- Hampton Jitney in partnership with Vector Media, Southampton Hospital and The American Cancer Society is bringing breast cancer awareness to our local communities by wrapping one of their coaches Pink.
- Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota announced the promotion of SCDA Chief of Investigations Emily Constant to the position of Chief Assistant District Attorney.
- It's not just hard finding good help these days - it's hard finding honest help, too. About 30 percent of all corporate bankruptcies are a direct result of employee theft. With the problem so widespread, many companies simply factor those losses into their yearly projections.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and men are wearing pink in order to remind the women in their lives that maintaining breast health is extremely important for women of all ages.
- Suffolk County Legislator Jay Schneiderman (I-Montauk) presented Edna Steck with a proclamation in recognition of her outstanding career with the Town of East Hampton.
- Specific Media, the world's largest independent media platform has announced that it has acquired Broadband Enterprises (BBE), a premiere online video provider.
- Between the proliferation of cyberbullying that has been dominating the headlines and the inappropriate communications that cell phones enable between teens, one author believes it's time for parents to set up new rules for their teens regarding the technology that has become an intractable part of their lives.
by Nicole A. Flotteron
- The Hampton Bays Civic Association hosted a debate, between the Republican and Conservative party nominee for Congress, Randy Altschuler, and Democratic incumbent, Congressman Tim Bishop. Watch Videos
- Former President Bill Clinton and Congressman Tim Bishop will appear together at a 'Get Out The Vote' rally at the Stony Brook University Indoor Sports College today.
- The tension of the holiday shopping season is right around the corner, and consumers with low confidence and retailers with low expectations will soon begin limping into the happiest time of the year.
- Editor's Note: After what has been a long and sometimes difficult campaign undertaking for many seeking office, voters are responding to their electoral opportunity by appearing at polling locations throughout the East End in large numbers to ensure that their choice is duly registered, and most importantly to affirm that each vote and every vote does matter.
- SBAHIC, the Southampton Business Alliance Housing Initiative Corporation, has announced the ribbon cutting to celebrate the completion of Sagaponack Woods, its first workforce housing project.