| Showing Results 2381 to 2384 of 2384
- The Second Annual Gay Pride Weekend program, co-sponsored by the East End Gay Organization Foundation, will feature as Scholar-in-Residence, Idit Klein.
- One of only 238 hospitals out of nearly 5,000 nationwide to receive this recognition, one in only five hospitals in New York State.
by Douglas MacKaye Harrington
- A gray, unseasonably cold day was the appropriate backdrop to the impromptu roadside tribute that occurred along the shoulder of Route 27 on Wednesday, June 9.
by Katherine Henning
- Did you know that if only one percent more Americans gave blood, then all of the national shortages would disappear within the foreseeable future?
- Bridgehampton Historical Society Benefit Antique Show will be held June 26 and June 27, on the Corwith House Grounds.
- "Hands Across the Sand" event taking place at Ditch Plains will oppose offshore oil drilling.
- Three No. American river otters were recently born at Atlantis Marine World.
- Father Beck, author of three best-selling books and executive producer, marks the 25th anniversary of his ordination as a Passionist priest.
- The East End Drug Court celebrated a well-deserved spotlight at the 16th annual conference of the National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) in Boston.
- As part of a special presentation, the movie “In Search of Memory” will be shown at The Jewish Center of the Hamptons.
- Drive-in movies will be shown at Coopers Beach this summer beginning in July.
- What would summer in the Hamptons be without swimming? With myriad beaches, bays, ponds and pools at our disposal, many hours are spent frolicking in the water.
- Grateful Southampton Town Board members thank local Girl Scouts for raising more than $18,000 to keep local beaches cleaner.
- A 26 year old Riverhead man will be sentenced in Suffolk County court on Tuesday, June 28.
- The Surfrider Foundation's Eastern Long Island Chapter organized East End residents to participate in a national event called "Hands Across the Sand" this past weekend.
by Eileen Casey
- The South Ferry renamed a vessel in honor of Lt. Joseph J. Theinert last Saturday. Theinert, a Shelter Island resident, was a member of the 1st squadron, 71st Cavalry Regiment, part of the 10th Mountain Division, and was killed in Kandahar, Afghanistan on June 4.
- The Greater Westhampton Chamber of Commerce 20th Annual Joe Koziarz 5K Run & Walk will take place on Saturday, July 17.
- A fundraiser for a Montauk Volunteer Firefighter and EMT will be held on Thursday, July 15.
- The East End GreenFest returns to Strawberry Fields Fairgrounds in Mattituck on Saturday and Sunday, July 24 and July 25.
- The Jewish Center of the Hamptons will be hosting an array of events throughout July and August.