| Showing Results 2341 to 2347 of 2347
- Suffolk County Police are now offering local teens a "Crash Course in Crash Avoidance," a free, single-day, two-and-a-half-hour course to teach new drivers how to avoid dangerous driving situations.
- Saturday, July 17, will mark the 14th anniversary of the crash of TWA Flight 800. Many of the families who lost loved ones will be coming in from all over the world to make their annual visit to Long Island at the TWA Flight 800 International Memorial at Smith Point County Park.
- Legislator Schneiderman (I-Montauk) reminds residents that summer marks the peak season for a deadly and yet dangerously misunderstood weather phenomena - lightning.
by Frank Lombardi
- The TWA Flight 800 disaster took the lives of 230 people. The plane exploded off of the south shore of Long Island just 13 minutes after taking off from JFK International Airport. Many things have changed during the past 14 years; however, one thing has remained constant.
- The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons, Inc. (ARF) has helped rescue dogs from Midwest puppy mills with humane partner, Best Friends Animal Society in Utah.
- Adult Learning @Ross offers courses in arts, language, media, nutrition, outdoors, personal development, wellness and well-being. In beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities.
- Join a celebration of local Native American culture and heritage, and enjoy traditional summer foods at the Strawberry Moon Harvest Festival.
- During Shabbat Services congregant Bruce Saber will introduce Seeds of Peace delegates to the congregation.
- The 78th annual Fisherman's Fair is on Saturday, August 14 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and promises to be, as always, a delight for children, gourmands, shoppers and art lovers alike.
- The Jewish Center will be presenting three events during the month of August.
- Josh Stewart has been chosen as the Hospital's Employee of the Quarter for the second quarter of 2010.
- Kent Animal Shelter of Calverton announces “Pause for Paws” to address the down economy and growing need of homeless and abused animals.
- Atlantis Marine World welcomes Philippe Cousteau, at Shark Week Live!
by Nicole B. Brewer
- July's record high temperatures helped fuel the solar-powered stage in Mattituck for the second annual East End Green Fest helmed by Syd and Deborah Dufton and their family of volunteers.
- The Jewish Center of the Hamptons will be hosting several events this August.
- Astronomer, Montauk Observatory Board Member, and professor of Astronomy, Tom Madigan will take all those in attendance on a memorable tour of the Summer Sky.
- The Park Avenue Potluck "Celebrations" Book Signing and ‘Kids Kick In' Lemonade Stand took place on Shelter Island.
- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, will celebrate the opening of its newest store in Southampton located at 191 West Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays.
by Douglas MacKaye Harrington
- “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer visited Quogue last Sunday and this stock savant for the common man was, if you will excuse the cliché, treated like royalty.
- Suffolk Executive Steve Levy denounced an up to 75 percent restriction on lobster catches proposed by the Atlantic State Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC).