| Showing Results 2341 to 2347 of 2347
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Pete Grannis invited hunters to submit recommendations to regional Waterfowl Hunter Task Forces for the dates of the fall 2010 duck hunting seasons.
- Town Supervisor Sean M. Walter announced that Blackman Plumbing, a longtime staple of the West Main Street corridor, would be expanding their headquarters in Riverhead.
- Thiele announced that three libraries serving the 2nd Assembly District have been awarded construction grants.
- Vikki L. Pryor, president and chief executive officer of SBLI USA Mutual Life Insurance Company, Inc., will present a lecture in Stony Brook Southampton's Duke Lecture Hall.
- MCRA (Maran Corporate Risk Associates) is participating in an office "March Madness" week to raise funds for Relay for Life of the South Fork.
- The U.S. Census Bureau recently announced plans to hire as many as 750,000 temporary workers by May to help with the 2010 Census.
- Narcotics investigation in which Southampton Town Police Narcotics Investigators teamed up with Federal DEA Agents culminated with the arrest of five individuals.
- Employees of the Suffolk County Treasurer's office donated $180 to the American Heart Association.
- To help commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day on Sunday, April 11, The Jewish Center of the Hamptons in East Hampton welcomes author Michael Goldfarb.
- Two award winning science students were recently recognized at Riverhead High School for achievement in science.
- ARF announced its partnership with Hamptons Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing (HCRN) for Pet Therapy.
- The newest baby penguin at Atlantis Marine World Aquarium needs a name. Other birds have been named after characters from the "Seinfeld" television show.
- SCCC's Ammerman Campus Head Baseball Coach, Eric Brown, recorded his 500th career coaching victory.
- Sally Spanburgh is the newly appointed Program Coordinator for the Bridgehampton Historical Society.
- Linda L. Kraus RN, BSN of Shelter Island is the 2010 recipient of the prestigious Laura Goodale Award established by the Southold-Greenport Rotary Clubs.
- Hampton Bays business owner Tracy Zaweski will be recognized for outstanding business performance this week at the Home Instead Senior Care annual international meeting.
- Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota announced the indictment of a Selden woman, a Middle Island man, and four others on multiple counts of first degree robbery as a hate crime for targeting Hispanic men.
- Eastern Long Island Hospital announced the appointment of Maureen T. Mills to the Board of Trustees as a member of the Class of 2010.
- The East Hampton Rotary Club will recognize its Person of the Year.
- Max and Cecil, two resident harbor seals at Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, both are celebrating a milestone in April.