| Showing Results 2341 to 2347 of 2347
- Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy announced a series of meetings to educate the public about coastal storm hazards prior to the upcoming hurricane season.
- Kate Edgar, a Charge Nurse in the Jenny and John Paulson Emergency Department at Southampton Hospital, has been chosen as the Hospital's Employee of the Quarter for the first quarter of 2010.
- Attention all shoppers! Kmart is helping Hamptons residents experience a hassle-free way of shopping through a new, local service - mygofer.com.
by Eileen Casey
- Army First Lieutenant Joseph J. Theinert returned home today, and a solemn and saddened family and community were on hand to welcome back their native son.
- Governor David A. Paterson announced that the New York Giants and Jets have won the bid for Super Bowl XLVIII (48), triumphing over both Tampa and Miami as potential cities to host the biggest game in professional football.
- The Aquarium will play host to a unique ceremony when Holbrook residents take the plunge, literally, into the Aquarium's largest exhibit, the 120,000-gallon Lost City of Atlantis Shark Tank.
- We don't spend as much as we used to, and we are keeping an eye on our debt.
- Summer in the Hamptons means long days of fun outdoors in the sun. The season is highly anticipated and The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons, Inc. wants to remind the public that the summer months can be very dangerous for your pet.
- Senator Kenneth P. LaValle honored Dr. Julie Ratner of East Hampton as the 2010 New York State First Senate District “Woman of Distinction.”
- The Jewish Center of the Hamptons began its reknowned summer season with a party!
- Southampton Town Fire Marshals Office is conducting an investigation into the cause of a fire that occurred at a fireworks storage facility located near Gabreski Airport in Westhampton.
- The Eighth Annual Teeny Awards were presented Sunday, June 6 during a gala ceremony at Riverhead High School. Nominees, decked out in their formal attire, walked the Red Carpet.
- Fifty-nine youth and 21 adults are preparing to leave on a tour of a lifetime to New York City and Boston early this Saturday morning.
- This summer, share the beauty of your community with an inner-city child while enjoying a vacation in your own backyard!
- The creator of the ‘Parents Choice' award winning website is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of a new concept store.
- Join Atlantis Marine World Aquarium on Tuesday, June 15, as they blow out the candles on 10 waterful years of inspiring ocean conservation and promoting family fun.
- The Second Annual Gay Pride Weekend program, co-sponsored by the East End Gay Organization Foundation, will feature as Scholar-in-Residence, Idit Klein.
- One of only 238 hospitals out of nearly 5,000 nationwide to receive this recognition, one in only five hospitals in New York State.
by Douglas MacKaye Harrington
- A gray, unseasonably cold day was the appropriate backdrop to the impromptu roadside tribute that occurred along the shoulder of Route 27 on Wednesday, June 9.
by Katherine Henning
- Did you know that if only one percent more Americans gave blood, then all of the national shortages would disappear within the foreseeable future?