A fire and ice themed winter favorite is about to take over the East End.
On Saturday, February 24, from 1 to 6 p.m., Sag Harbor will be bustling with seasonal spectaculars as HarborFrost - "a celebration of winter in Sag Harbor" - will offer exciting happenings like exceptional ice carving demonstrations, the amusing Frosty Plunge, and more.
HarborFrost 2018 Schedule:
• 12 p.m. - Culinary Stroll, presented by the Sag Harbor Hysterical Society. Starts at Il Cappuccino*
• 1 p.m. - Sign up in the Windmill for the Frosty Plunge
• 1 to 6 p.m. - Oyster-shucking champion of the world, Paddy McMurray, will be demonstrating his skill at Baron's Cove
• 2 p.m. - Frosty Plunge at Windmill Beach to benefit the Sag Harbor Volunteer Ambulance
• 2 p.m. - Live ice carving demonstration on Long Wharf
• 2 to 5 p.m. - Indoor children's activities at Dodds and Eder
• 2:30 p.m. - Meet and greet Anna and Elsa from Frozen at Sag Harbor Variety Store
• 3 p.m. - Ludmilla
& Marcello (Brazilian Pop/Bossa Nova) at Grenning Gallery
• 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Keith Leaf
the Amazing Fire Juggler on Long Wharf
• 4 p.m. - Alfredo Merat
at Sag Harbor Inn
• 5:45 p.m. - Fiery Sensations Fire Dancers on Long Wharf
• 6:15 p.m. - Fireworks by Grucci over the Harbor
Additionally, throughout the day there will be live music throughout the village, nautical-theme ice sculptures on display along Main Street and Bay Street, free glitter tattoos at The Wharf Shop, and special deals and promotions at participating businesses.
*The Culinary Stroll is $50 per person and includes food throughout the day at participating restaurants, live music, and prizes for best Chef Hat. Participants may sign up at Il Cappuccino at 12 p.m. or contact Charlie Canavan for more information at 631-379-2169.
For more information, visit sagharborchamber.com.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com