Celebrate this July 4th weekend with novels, comedy, and music. Local theaters and stores will be hosting book talks and signings, live performances, and stand up that you won't want to miss!
Jake Lear. (Courtesy Photo)
1. On Thursday, June 30th, The Suffolk Theater
will host a Boots, Bands, and Brews Country Night. For $20, guests will enjoy live country entertainment from Yankee Rebel, Stagecoach, and Miss Rosie, and line dancing with DJ Deuce. Located at 118 East Main Street in Riverhead, Country Night begins at 7 p.m. For more information, visit www.suffolktheater.com
2. The Artists Alliance of East Hampton (AAEH) is hosting their 2016 Members Summer Show from Friday, July 1st to Sunday, July 10th. Paintings, sculptures, and photography from AAEH will be on display at Ashawagh Hall
, located at 780 Springs Fireplace Road in East Hampton. A free opening reception will be held on Saturday, July 2nd from 5 to 8 p.m., where refreshments will be served. Visit www.aaeh.org
for more information.
3. This Saturday, July 2nd, join The Southampton Historical Museum
for a book talk and signing with author of Successful Philanthropy: How to Make a Life By What You Give
, Jean Shafiroff
. She will discuss her modern definition of philanthropy and the importance of giving back. The event will take place at 5 p.m. at the Rogers Mansion
, located at 17 Meeting House Lane in Southampton. Admission is free and refreshments will be served. For more information, visit www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org
4. The Amagansett Food Institute is presenting "Fun For The Fourth" on Saturday, July 2nd from 9 to 11 a.m. A printmaking activity will be offered for children, where they will receive free shirts and snacks. This free event will be held at the Amagansett Farmers Market, located on 367 Main Street in Amagansett. For more information, visit amagansettfoodinstitute.org
5. Blues performer, Jake Lear will be performing at the Southampton Arts Center
(SAC) this Saturday, July 2nd, from 7 to 9 p.m. This concert will be held outdoors, following the opening reception of WATER|BODIES
at the SAC. The musician will be joined by Jeff Marshall on bass and Claes Brondal on drums. The Southampton Arts Center is located at 25 Jobs Lane
in Southampton. A suggested donation to the SAC of $10 will be accepted. Visit www.southamptonartscenter.org
for more information.
Charles Busch. (Courtesy Photo)
6. Canio's Books
is hosting a book talk with authors Iris Smyles and Frederic Tuten to discuss Smyles' Dating Tips for the Unemployed.
Starting at 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 2nd, Smyles will discuss her critically acclaimed novel, following her residency at the Artists-In-Residence program at Guild Hall
this past spring. Canio's Books is located at 290 Main Street in Sag Harbor. For more information, visit www.caniosbooks.com
7. The Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
(WHBPAC) is presenting live stand-up comedy by Mario Cantone
on Saturday, July 2nd. At 8 p.m., join Tony-nominated Cantone in bringing the theater to life through humor and laughter with his impressions and caricatures. WHBPAC is located at 76 Main Street in Westhampton Beach. Visit www.whbpac.org
for more information.
8. Innersleeve Records will host a free in-store performance by Jack + Eliza this Saturday, July 2nd, beginning at 6 p.m. The duo's music from their debut album, Gentle Warnings,
represents feelings of nostalgia and melancholy. Visit Innersleeve Records at 199 Main Street in Amagansett this weekend to hear them perform. For more information, visit www.jackandeliza.com
Spend Independence Day with The Unmovers. (Courtesy Photo)
9. Guild Hall is presenting Charles Busch: The Lady At The Mic
on Sunday, July 3rd, at 8 p.m. Join the novelist, screenwriter, director, and drag legend for a memorable night of theatrics. Guild Hall is located at 158 Main Street in East Hampton. For more information, visit www.guildhall.org
10. On Monday, July 4th, join Bay Street Theater
for comedy with Optimum Cable's The Unmovers. Joseph Vecsey
, rising comedian and host of the All Star
Comedy Show at Bay Street Theater, will be joined by Vladimir Caamano of Montreal's Just for Laughs, and Leonard Ouzts of BET Comic View for a night of stand up. Bay Street is located at 1 Bay Street in Sag Harbor. Visit www.baystreet.org
for more information and to purchase tickets.