Seas of green can be seen across the North Fork and South Fork over the next two weekends as St. Patrick's Day festivities come to the East End. And the best part of back-to-back merriments? You can make the most out of that Kiss Me I'm Irish shirt because only two parades overlap.
Don't blink or you might miss the 8th Annual Am O'Gansett Parade. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
1. The World's Shortest St. Patrick's Day Parade, AKA The 8th Annual Am O'Gansett Parade (www.amagansettchamber.org
), kicks off the processions on Saturday, March 12th at 12 p.m. Blink and you'll miss it, as Grand Marshal Amagansett Library takes paradegoers from Mary's Marvelous
through the Village.
2. If you plan on attending all the East End celebrations, this is the only snafu you'll hit. The Westhampton Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.whbstpats.com
) is also on Saturday, March 12th at 12 p.m. The parade will step-off at Oneck Lane and Mill Road.
The Westhampton Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade is one of the first East End events. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
3. Once you've seen the Westhampton Beach or Amagansett display, join the Cuthogue-New Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and the Cutchogue Fire Department
for the 12th Annual Cutchogue St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.cutchoguefiredept.org
). The procession will be held on Saturday March 12th at 2 p.m. and march from the traffic light at Cox Lane, down Route 25, ending in Cutchogue Village.
4. The Hampton Bays St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.hbaohdivision11.com
) will kickoff the second weekend. On Saturday, March 19th at 11 a.m., Grand Marshal William Patrick Hughes will lead the parade from the Hampton Bays Elementary
School on Ponquogue Avenue to Montauk Highway and head west towards the reviewing stand and finally to the event's end at the Hampton Atrium parking lot.
You can hit parades on both the North and South Forks. (File Stock Photo)
5. Sean McCabe will serve as Grand Marshal of the 3rd Annual Jamesport St. Patrick's Day Parade (eastendemeraldsociety.com
), presented by the East End Emerald Society
, on Saturday, March 19th. The parade will step off at 2 p.m. from the corner of North Railroad Avenue and Washington Avenue in Jamesport.
6. The 54th Annual Montauk Friends of Erin
St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.montaukfriendsoferin.org
) will take place on Sunday, March 20th at 11:30 a.m. Grand Marshal Captain Paul Fosberg of the Viking Fleet will lead the parade up Edgemere Road, and turn on to Main Street where floats will pass by MC Rick White and the reviewing stand on the Village Green. The parade culminates at the end of Main Street by the IGA. As per usual, before the second largest St. Paddy's Day parade in New York begins, the Montauk Chamber of Commerce
will be offering up hot soup that was donated by local restaurants. Attendees can pick up a cup, sold it St. Patrick's Day Parade souvenir mugs, starting at 10 a.m.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com