St. Patrick's Day may officially be Tuesday, March 17th, but the East End is celebrating during three weekends worth of festivities, including these six parades covering Westhampton to Montauk, St. James, and Cutchogue.
Feeling froggy in Amagansett. (Photo: Facebook.com/AmagansettChamberOfCommerce)
1. The Westhampton Beach St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.whbstpats.com
) is one of the first East End marches, taking place on Saturday, March 14th at 12 p.m. Anthony Bonner is serving as Grand Marshal of the parade, which steps off at Oneck Lane and Mill Road.
2. The 7th Annual Am O'Gansett Parade (www.amagansettchamber.org
) is also on Saturday, March 14th at 12 p.m. Touted as the shortest St. Paddy's Day parade in the world, Michael Clark, owner of Crossroads Music, will serve as Grand Marshal of the parade, which begins at Mary's Marvelous.
3. Make it an all-day St. Paddy's Day celebration with the 11th Annual Cutchogue St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.cutchoguefiredept.org
) on Saturday, March 14th at 2 p.m. Hosted by the Cuthogue-New Suffolk Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the Cutchogue Fire Department, the parade steps off at Cox Lane.
4. Festivities continue with the 11th Annual Hampton Bays St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.aohdivision11.org
) on Saturday, March 21st at 11 a.m. The parade starts at the Hampton Bays Elementary School on Ponquogue Avenue and marches to Montauk Highway.
Seas of Green at the Montauk St. Patrick's Day Parade. (Photo: facebook.com/Montauk-Chamber-of-Commerce)
5. The 53rd Annual Montauk Friends of Erin St. Patrick's Day Parade (www.montaukfriendsoferin.org
) is on Sunday, March 22nd at 11:30 a.m. Arrive early to enjoy a hot clam chowder in your very own St. Patrick's Day Parade souvenir mug. Montauk Chamber of Commerce is serving the chowder on the Village Green starting at 10 a.m. Montauk resident and former Montauk School Board member Terry Watson will lead the parade, which begins at Edgemere Street.
East End parades cover Westhampton to Montauk, as well as St. James and Cutchogue. (File Stock Photo)
6. The final East End happening is the 2nd Annual Jamesport St. Patrick's Day Parade (eastendemeraldsociety.com
) on Saturday, March 28th at 1 p.m. The parade kicks off on Main Road and Washington Avenue and Riverhead Town Justice Allen Smith
will serve as Grand Marshal.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com